I Told You I Was Ill…

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Min 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Hi Dai congratulations on your good news and it is GOOD NEWS!! You are within the range and there is a high probability your numbers will drop even more by the time you have finished . I have heard good things about the once a week dose and if it does the trick it might be worth taking it a slower . I have no doubt you will achieve CR in the end whichever way it goes , your determination will get you there !! So keep on seeing the good news and keep smiling you are on the right road however many bends and curves there are love Bridget x

DaiCro
    Participant

Thank you Bridget,

You are right of course and the voice of reason as always.:-)

I have every reason to be happy and I know that I am… considering what I have achieved so far. I have said that I can't complain and to that I should add that I am very happy to be where I am… and hoping to be happier still as my treatment progresses.:-)

Dai.

scott9
    Participant

Hi Dai

That is indeed good news for you. It's interesting that you felt slightly disappointed. I didn't feel overjoyed at my news either. I think like you it's because I stll felt pretty bad. Lethargic, neuropathy in my feet and hands plus still have to tackle the osteoporosis in my spine. I'm still not taking anything for that yet as it may impact further on my kidneys so I'm waiting to see what can be done.
    However at least we both seem to be going in the right direction. Long may that last!
    All the best

Scott

PS. Manynthanks for the information Gill re your cruise. I'm going to check it out.

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Dai and Scott

I'm glad to hear you ahve both got good partial remissions. Hope it makes all the miseries worth while.

I will cheer you on Scott and watch your progress as I too am not overjoyed by the thought of SCT.

Dai, I'm sorry you have to have more treatment, but at least it is well in the right dirrection and looks like Full Remission is a possibility. Glad you said about doing a Gig when you are away. The thought of that must lift your spirits. Do hope you can get back in the car soon as I know how much that contributes to a sense of freedom.

Rooting for you both!

Mavis

Gill20
    Participant

Hi Scott and Dai,

It is good news, you are heading in the right direction and if a full remission is possible that is fantastic news. I have lived with this for many years with no treatment but getting lots of infections, bone pain and tiredness my pp was always around 9 and my pcs were 10% so I lived with it. I cannot imagine ever getting to pp of 0, I am just on my third week of chemo and so far coping OK, I just hope that I have the same strength and humour as you seem to have.

Good luck to you both and Scott do look at cruises because you will still be tired and you can relax a lot in very beautiful surroundings and still see lots of places it is also very romantic I spent my silver wedding on board it was wonderful.

Gill x

Min
    Participant

Its all good news Dai, and I can understand your being a little disappointed but…..Everything you read about these drugs are that the smaller the dose the better the result because smaller doses prevents the side effects which make the quality of life worse. The side effect I mean
    I think I have read or listened to something on here, about small doses being more effective than heavy doses which wipe out the MM but wipe out your ability to enjoy the CR. (Was it Jets post about a Dr from USA?)
    In any event 11 is still good as there is less 'load' for it to work on so look on it as being relative to the amount of remaining MM. The earlier results are always going to be better because the 'stuff' is getting dirty' with a massive amount disease. When there is not much left its just mopping up the remnants!
    Thats my womanise logic like eating a bag of pop corn.
    When you start on it, theres tons in the bag and you can grab loads in your hand, when you get to the bottom of the bag, you have to use two fingers. Well a finger and thumb actualy! and often you drop most of it down your front.
    Have you asked again about getting the velcade intra muscular instead of in a vein to avoid the PN? Someone on here has had it that way. Don't remember who but may help with the PN at this stage.
    Min

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I Told You I Was Ill…’ is closed to new replies.