IgG found in spinal fluid and blood after lumber puncture is this normal?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  vicki66 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

vicki66
    Participant

I am 50 and female, I was diagnosed with MGUS 18 months ago with IgG of 2g/l Lambda paraprotein present in the mid/slow gamma region, it has gone up now at 5 g/l

I have shooting pains and weakness in my legs (started 2 years ago), a pain like a stitch in my groin that is there all the time and hurts to touch (scan showed nothing), right side and my kidneys ache a lot.

I have had an MRI on my back neck and brain. My back is fine but, I have several small T2 high signal foci within the white matter on my brain, they have said this is possibly small vessel disease, I also have degenerative problems with my facet joints in my neck that causes intense itching on my arms due to the nerve being aggravated. I also have cold urticaria and I take antihistamine for that (I get hives when the temperature drops below 16 degrees).

I am under a neurologist and haematologist at Guy’s hospital in London.

I had a lumber puncture 2 weeks ago and there is the same pattern IgG in my spinal fluid as my blood. They were looking for MS I think, but the results say its NOT MS

This is what was put on the lumber puncture report:

Oligoclonal IgG patteren present in the CSF similar to the serum oligclonal IgG pattern. This is NOT indicative of intrathecal synthesis, but rather, the pattern is consistent with passive transfer of oligoclonal IgG from a systemic inflammatory response. The pattern is more common in neuropathies, Guillain-Barre syndrome, systemic autoimmune diseases, neoplastic or paraneoplastic syndromes, as well as systemic infections. MS is unlikely.

Bloods

My kidney GFR is 60

potassium 5.7

creatinine is 89

CRP  7

IgG 5g/l

ESR 27

Calcium level 2.46

positive p-ANCA

plasma viscosity 1.79

CSF Lumber puncture

protein level 0.43 g/l

Glucose level 3.5

There are lots more results (most in normal range), but with all the above I am a little worried!

I would like to know, is it normal to have IgG in spinal fluid and serum? I am pretty sure that the hospital sent me the detailed consultants report by mistake, as I got two sets of the results and a lot of the details were missing off the the one addressed to me.

I tested negative for Lupus and lymme’s disease a couple of months ago

Can anyone shed some light on this please, thank you in advance

Vicki

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘IgG found in spinal fluid and blood after lumber puncture is this normal?’ is closed to new replies.