I'm back.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi everyone.
    Just a post to let you know why I've not posted for a bit. Just over a week ago I went for my usual blood tests and my temperature was a little high 37.8. The next day I was there for my zometa and my temperature was higher 38.2 cue an examination by a doctor and a prescription for antibiotics and an appointment for the next day. Thursday I turned up for my appointment saw my consultant ( she'd been off a couple of days ) and my temperature was up to 38.9 cue a 4 night stay in hospital! All my blood test – they did a lot – came back clean so they said it must of been viral. I'm ok now 🙂 and have just started my second cycle of rev/dex.
    I'm catching up on all the posts seems we have gained a few more friends which in a way is a shame.
    Keep battling folks and to you newbies a sad welcome to the war on MM.
    Take care all
    Andy x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Glad to see you back and viral free.. I have had my share of these culture shy infections that refuse to be named… about four or five in the past two years… I have been told that the causes are very rarely found.;-)

I am on Cycle 3 of Rev & Dex and hoping for a long-term relationship… I hope it works for you in the short-term by bringing down your pp's and setting you up for your SCT.:-)

Dai.

Helen
    Participant

Dear Andy
    Hope the revlimid works for you. I'm just finishing my 6th maintenance cycle of it and am still in remission with a good blood picture.:-D Love Helen

tmc
    Participant

…………………..
    ……………………..
    ………………………..
    …………………………..
    ………………………………
    ………………………………..
    ………………………………
    ……………………………….
    ……………………………………
    ……………………………………HI Andy so sorry to hear about your fever and stay in the hospital. It is such an unsettling disease all going well then a little blip. The worry it causes to everyone and the stress levels going up can not be good on top of having the dreaded MM.
    As you know Peter had Rev/Dex for over 50 cycles so if you can live with the glitches it will serve you well I hope. Will catch up on my careers post now and hope to chat again soon.
    Why can't I make the pic small??
    LOve Teresa

tom
    Participant

Hi Andy

Welcome Back M8 I have had that twice Infection but nothing ever found?? strange thing this MM.

Kepp strong and away from the hight temps

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

Lynda
    Participant

Hi Andy
    So good to have you back. Sorry you had to pay an unscheduled stay to the hospital but glad you are now feeling much better.
    Good luck with the Rev/Dex. Lets hope it stops those little sods in their tracks!!!!
    Love Lyndax

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Andy

sorry you have been unwell glad you are back now good luck with the rev /dex Keep well:-D
    Regards Jo

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Andy glad to see you back on track again.
    cheers Paul

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Andy

Welcome back. Sorry you have been bowled this googly. Glad you are over it now.

All the best as your Rex/Dex treatment continues.

Mavis

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Andy

Colin has had quite a few infections too and they only detected 1.his temperatures shot up and he had a rigour which is a violent shaking and hard to catch breath. We know what it is now so not so scary. Hope you keep well and treatment beats mm into submission!

Vicki & Colin

tmc
    Participant

Hi Andy
    Are you in the Lake District??
    I hope you are ok as I haven't seen you on here unless I have just missed you??
    Love Teresa.

andyg
    Participant

Hi Teresa
    No not in the lake district till the end of next month. I've not been posting but I have been reading. I've been up and down with my moods – I'm blaming the dex effect. I've had my blood tests again today potassium is low again but everything else was ok. Dreading the result of my PP levels and the bone marrow test. It's about time I got some good news.
    Hope you are well.

Love Andy xx

tmc
    Participant

Hi Andy
    Only a month to go before the vacation I am looking forward to you having a little break.
    I wonder if you have had your bone marrow and pp levels done yet? We went for bone marrow bi opsie on Thursday, not the most pleseant procedure but I guess it tells them stuff they need to know.
    I certainly hope you get good news and all is stable or better still improving.
    I am well thanks Peter not so good but my son is coming too cook a BBQ today as it's a long weekend end here. Victoria Day yes we still celebrate Queen Victorias birthday and we all have a day off Monday. It is also the official planting weekend as it's the last frost time.
    Having the children and grand children around will buck him up for abit which is nice.
    Thinking about you and hoping for good results.
    Love Teresa.
    ps Mothers' day at the bellwoods brew pub was great!!

andyg
    Participant

Hi Teresa.
    I'm glad you had a good time at the brew pub for mothers day. I hope this weekend goes well for you and Peter with your children and grand children around you for the long weekend.
    I go for my bone marrow test on Tuesday – though I'm not looking forward to the test itself it's the results I'm more nervous about.
    We had a fun night out last night we went out for a meal then saw Rich Hall an American comic and rounded the night off with a couple of drinks watching a local band.
    Have a great BBQ and Queen Victoria day 😉
    Give our best to Peter we wish him well.

Love Andy and Steph xx

tmc
    Participant

Hi Andy
    So glad to read you are out and about even with the BMB results hanging over you. Are you really tired or can you manage to keep up with your company on nights out?
    Hope you enjoyed your comic and he gave you some good laughs.
    Peter's brother and wife from Sydney are arriving on Sunday so that will buck him up and we are hoping that the pomalidomide arm of the trial with the extra dex and the new pain meds methadone will help him through the pain.
    I do so hope they get you on a really good drug and into complete remmission very soon.
    In the meantime you can look forward to the lake District and some good weather and relaxing time, (by the way it is plus 30 here today so not too much moving around for me not a fan of hot weather.)
    Have a good weekend and let us know how the hospital visit went last Tuesday, that was my birthday I spent it planting leeks!!
    Love Teresa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I'm back.’ is closed to new replies.