I'M HOME

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Gill 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

shirley
    Participant

Hi Myra,how you doing,its lovely being home,nothing like your own bed and pillows and a soak in the bath to make you feel human again,i'm loving it,i'm back up for checkups on Monday,everything is heading in the right way so i'm pleased with that,. I do hope your well see you soon luv Shirls x x x

Eva
    Participant

Dear Shirley,
    Wishing you a speedy recovery,
    Eva

SharonG
    Participant

I'm afraid the trips to the hospital at the beginning are a nightmare! It does get better, but at the beginning you still feel like you are spending more time at the hospital than at home and I had a few admissions at the beginning for GvHD!

It does get better Shirley though, by last October I was on holiday with my family and you would not have thought there was anything wrong with me, although still on the cyclosporin.
    Sadly things have gone very pear shaped since december for me as the myeloma has come back in the shape of a large plasmacytoma at the bottom of my spine causing me all sorts of problems. Not really what I hoped for only 10 months post allo, I can't deny I was hoping for 10 years from my transplant! But the fight continues
    I continue to wish you all the best and I hope you don't have too many problems along the way.
    Love Sharon x

shirley
    Participant

Oh no,hope your gonna be ok,the only trouble they are having with me at the monent is getting my cyclesporin levels right,i've to stop again tonite and tomorrow morning and start again tomorrow nite. Everything else is doing well,just the tiredness,i can fall asleep anywhere my tushi is parked ha ha ha. Your right about hospital visits its such long days and has me wondering was it worth being allowed home early but then i see my hubby and say yeah its worth it,he's been brilliant.Hope you are feeling alot more better now life can be so unfair take care for now Shirls x x

myra
    Participant

Hi Shirls lovely to hear from you.I finished my 8th cycle of Velcade end of December so am enjoying not having any treatment especially the Dex. My next appointment is 7 Feb so i have my fingers crossed.Best wishesMyra x

shirley
    Participant

Hi Myra hope all goes well on the 7th for you,bet its been great having a break from the hospital,i'm still up there every other day,tryin to get my ciclosporin and magnesium levels balancing just so,heamglobins have been fine as everything else,just wish i could shake this tiredness off,i sleep anywhere ha ha,anyway you enjoy you freedom for a little bit and hopefully see you soon,oh enjoy the next support meeting, love Shirls x x x x x

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I'M HOME’ is closed to new replies.