I'M HOME

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Gill 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

shirley
    Participant

Hi everybody, well as the headlines say i'm home,and boy it feels fab. I got home on Monday,but i'm still extremely tired,going to take awhile for me to start feeling better,but i'm slowly getting there,i'd like to thank everyone for their support,and a big big thankyou to my sister Trish for everything without her i would never have had the sct,. Ian i had a full allo,and the only time i had ice cubes was when i was given the melphalan,but keep doing your mouth 4 times a day helps too. And everyone else i'm not to worried about the hair loss not now,at least this time round i know what it looks like when it grows back,i was offered a wig,but its not something i want,i love hats and there are some pretty ones around. I hope everyone is well and taking care i'll write again soon Shirls x x x x x

Elizellen
    Participant

Good to hear you are back home and starting to feel better, Shirls!!

Take it slowly and rest whenever you need.

Hugs to you and your sister

{{{{{{{{Shirls}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{Trish}}}}}}}}

Eliz
    XX
    X

Amelie
    Participant

Good to hear that you are home! Well done!

Mari
    Participant

Great to hear you are home, I am sure you will feel so glad to be starting to get back to normal that your recovery will really take off!

All the best,

Mari xx

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Shirley

So glad that you are home with your family. Do hope your recovery goes very well.

Love.

Mavis

brocho
    Participant

Hi Shirley I am so glad you are home it feels great after a long spell in hospital Just take it easy and it wont be too long before you are able to dance the night away If you fancy one of my hats just e-mail me your address on bridget.rochfort@btinternet.com. I never had a wig , because I am so untidy it would have been wonky more often than not!!As you say once you have gone through losing your hair once its less scary next time , in some ways its great not having to style itStay well and keep smiling Please pass on my best wishes to your sister love Bridgetx

SharonG
    Participant

Shirley thats fantastic news, I'm so glad you are doing well.

Watch out for the dreaded GvHD though as I ended back in hoospital with it a week after my initial discharge! (Sorry I don't want to put a downer on things for you, but be aware!) I developed a rash on my neck and a high temperature.

Keep up the good work
    Love Sharon x

PS Bridget's hats are lovely!

Perkymite
    Participant

Welcome back Shirls nice to hear everything is going well. Take it easy now:-)

kindest regards

David

tom
    Participant

And a Warm Welcome Home from icle ole Me Shirl, and Trish you know you are a "Star" 😎

Is anybody gonna post a photo of one of the Famous hats or has one been posted and i missed it:-S

Well Done again you two

Tom xxx

Min
    Participant

Shirls,
    I wish you all the best for the future. I hope by now your back into the routine of home and family after your sojourn in hospital. Dont rush it take you time and enjoy yourself. Keep Well
    Min

Gaye
    Participant

Well done Shirley and I am so glad you are safely back home. I wish you a good and hopefully speedy recovery. Your sister is great but then you already knew that!
    Take care, Gaye xx

myra
    Participant

Hi Shirley what fantastic news to read you are back home. Just take it easy Best wishes Myra

Debs
    Participant

Great news to hear that you're home. Hope it all goes swimmingly and that you are able to recouperate with no problems.

🙂

Take care
    Debs

Gill
    Participant

Welcome back I do hope you are feeling well and getting back to normal Love from Gillxxx

shirley
    Participant

Hi Sharon,how you doing,hope you are well. I'm preparing for whatever hits me, been made aware of what to expect,its the trips back to the hospital every other day thats tiring me out at the moment,we were up there yesterday,nearly 6hrs we sat waiting for my magnesium levels to come back,our hospital is so warm it really does tire you.They found my ciclosporin levels were high,so that got stopped last night and today,and start again in the morning on a lower dosage,other than that everything is going the right way x x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I'M HOME’ is closed to new replies.