Information books

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  teds31 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

teds31
    Participant

Hi, I got a Kindle for Xmas and today after being on this site I thought to type in Myeloma and there are quite a few books there ,I didnt buy any but you can read a sample and the one I found interesting with regard to a guide and explanation of terms used with Myeloma was "21st Century Adult Cancer Sourcebook: Multiple Myeloma and Plasma Cell Neoplasms" I just downloaded the sample for free and it did explain a lot of terms I didn't understand before,very American I'm afraid but they do seem to know a lot about it. Ted

eve
    Participant

Hi Tom
    Thanks for info,do not have a kindle but do have an i pad ,so will look on there.
    Good to see you are doing well,try not to worry about smm.why worry about it if you cannot do any thing about it,Ask for an I pad for next Christmas they are amazing. Love Eve

BADGER
    Participant

hi Teds
    sounds interesting I hav'nt got a kindle I wonder if it could be down loaded on line
    Hope you are keeping well:-)
    Regards JO

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Eve

I have an iPad and I downloaded Kindle free from the App store. I set up an account with Amazon and get my books within seconds. They are usually cheaper than hard copy.

Jo hope things are good with you.
    Best wishes
    Jean x

teds31
    Participant

Hi All, not every one has a Kindle I know but I think you can lownload sample books on the Amazon site. It seemed to explain MM terms which I have trouble with, it took me ages before I knew what SCT ment so I found this helpful. Ted

DaiCro
    Participant

My brother kindly passed on to me a Sony reader which works exactly the same as a Kindle but I do like the feel of a book in my hand when I am either in a waiting room or a car. But for home I use the downloadable Kindle on my laptop. I read a lot (but not as much as I used to) and I buy most of my books hard copy and Kindle from Amazon. I have purchased and read 16 Kindle books this year and about 6 hard copy. This is fine but I should be writing not reading.;-)

Ted, the info Books available to you from the front page should give you all the information you need to know about MM. They have proven invaluable to me and don't go off into scientific/medical jargon.

If you look at the 'Introduction to myeloma' and the 'Glossary' at the bottom it should supply you with a lot of what you need to know.:-)

Regards

Dai.

teds31
    Participant

Thanks for that Dia just what I needed funny I never found it before. The e-books are good if you need some quick read and can be cheap and dont take up a lot of room,but like you a real book is a book EH!!;-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Information books’ is closed to new replies.