IRD question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  susie 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

susie
    Participant

I’m starting cycle 10 of ixazomib, revlimid, & DeX. When I was on velcade it seemed to work well but, the minute it finished my paraproteins began rising. So my question is will the same happen when my ixazomib stops ? As I understand it ixazomib is the oral version of velcade, being a proteome inhibitor.

Best wishes to all

susie

Anonymous

Dear susie, yes it seems ixazomib is a oral version of velcade. As for the question what happens next, i would imagine you will have a period of monitoring to see whether your levels rise or remain stable, with regular blood tests. It’s all very unpredictable as Im sure you already know, I recently did a couple of rounds of Daratumumab and dex but it wasn’t working and now I’m taking Lenalidomide and dex, every patient seems to be utterly unique in how they react to any given treatment so it’s impossible to compare one with another. I think it’s the lack of certainty that makes this a difficult disease to cope with but new treatments are becoming available all the time. May I ask if you had a sct in the past, I was not eligible so have relied on drug therapy only, this is my third line treatment.
    Best wishes
    Kay

susie
    Participant

Hi Kay

I was never offered an sct at the age of 69yrs and when I asked my consultant at the time, his reply was ” people don’t realise the mortality involved “. It’s never been mentioned since. That was 5 yrs ago since when I’ve had 4 different consultants.!!!

Best wishes

susie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.