Is it progressing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  susie 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

susie
    Participant

A while ago I posted on Karen’s thread. Well now I’ve been recalled by haematology consultant for another Bone Marrow biopsy, because my bloods have shown a steady increase in paraprotein which is now in the low 50’s. He also said he can see something on the MRI which may be a reason for my back pain. However he also said they’re not sure what it is.

I have to confess I’m somewhat scared. All the time my MGUS has been monitored I have never thought it would progress to become active MM. I thought if anything it would go to smouldering first, am I wrong?

Anyway I’m having BMB on Monday. Dreading it coz the last one was so painful. Just hope they have the gas and air ready.

That’s my rant for the day.

Best wishes to all

Susie

strummer07
    Participant

My wife has now had 3 bone marrow biopsies and since the 2nd she has just asked for a small general anaesthetic. its very mild and only lasts for half a minute or so ..but it makes the whole thing bearable. With some hospitals you have to arrrange for it early AM as you would a normal op ..so almost do it as standard.

Good luck with yours

susie
    Participant

I’ve had the BMB and it wasn’t too bad this time. With the gas and air that is. I go back next week for the final diagnosis.
    What I want to ask is, has anyone been treated at Wycombe Hospital or at the cancer centre at Stoke Mandeville Hospital ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Is it progressing’ is closed to new replies.