Just Giving…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  DaiCro 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

I went to my eldest daughter Becky for lunch yesterday… with a couple of hours before she went to work to chill…. but we ended up discussing her 'Just Giving' day.

Bless her… she has secured a function centre wedding suite, complete with a fully licensed bar and separate coffee bar for an evening of fundraising events and has already secured fund-raising commitments from various friends and their family… including sponsored cycle rides from Mansfield to Skegness and back… head shaves, waxing and other most painful sounding events… all to take place on the day (Thursday, 21st June). Doors will open at 6pm for food tasting, the wax on/wax off type 'entertainments' and live background music. 🙂

There will be various stalls, from jewelry to condiments and everything in-between followed by a concert – 8pm to 11pm.. which will include solo artistes, a band, National Irish Dancing… a group and two individual champions… + Miss Mansfield and a promotional for the upcoming yearly competition. Etcetera, etcetera.8-) 😀 🙂

I will provide the musicians (calling in some favours) and Becky is arranging (has arranged) the rest. With all profits going to Myeloma UK.:-D

I now have to secure such things as sponsorship forms etc', with MUK headings + blank posters and related promotional back-up.:-/

I am so proud of her. The backbone of her support will come from her 'Slimming World' support group who are all highly enthusiastic with their support. (Becky has just got past her 3 stone loss and is setting her sights on at least 2 more).8-)

It will be a full day, with music in the library and other awareness/fund raising events taking part throughout the town… a lunch, with a short talk about MM (me) for councillors and journalists and Becky has already secured local Radio and newspapers to cover the events.

Truly, I only popped in for lunch… :-0

Dai.

BADGER
    Participant

Dia
    she sounds a brilliant daughter I wish her good luck on the day:-)

Love Jo x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Dai I am not at all surprised that you and Janet have such a lovely kind ,caring daughter as your compassion and giving nature shine off theses pages You must be so proud . I have never had lofty materialistic ambitions for my children , I raised them to be good people and I am also very proud of their care for others If they had made a forune and it was what they wanted I would be happy for them but its certainly not high on my list of priorities Good luck with fundraiser I am sure you will raise lots of lovely dosh !! loce Bridget x

Helen
    Participant

Well done Becky, don't they make you proud to be their parents, Dai and Janet.
    Helen

fionam
    Participant

Hello Dai
    I am in the Fundraising Team here at Myeloma UK. It is great to hear what your daughter is doing and please pass on our thanks. It sounds like it's going to be a great day! We can provide lots of promotional materials such as posters, banners, balloons, leaflets etc as well as Myeloma UK sponsorship forms. If you or Becky want to contact the office, I can chat with you about what is needed and get them sent to you. Thank you and best wishes. Fiona

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Fiona,

Thank you for picking up on the thread… I have copied your reply to Becky and I will be speaking (Skyping) with her tomorrow. Its her baby and I believe it will do her good to take the lead on this… I'll advise and sort out the entertainments and press releases etc.8-)

I will pass on all the relevant contact details tomorrow… so you can expect a call in the next few days.

Again, many thanks for your support.:-)

Dai.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Just Giving…’ is closed to new replies.