Kappa Light Chains on the Up

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Helen
    Participant

Hi Wendy
    Well let us know the result when you get it. I'm planning Peru next year for the same reasons as you, if there is a biting creature around, it will always tackle me first. So I always smell decidedly unattractively of insect repellant whenever I go away:-(
    Jean I'm really looking forward to Venice, we will be cruising on a boat for a week, so hope the weather is kind to us.
    Love Helen

wendyduffield
    Participant

well good news, I rang up today to find out my light chain test results and my Kappas have dropped back into normal range, from 22 to 14!! Delighted of course but feeling somewhat embarassed by my over-reaction. There are lessons to be learnt methinks!

Helen
    Participant

Hello Wendy , don't think that was an over reaction, I'd have been the same. Its good to know they have trucked back down again. Lets hope they stay there, where they belong. I'm totally paranoid about every ache and pain now as well. I'm sitting here aching all over since the zometa on Tuesday, it still knocks me out for a few days, even after all this time.
    Also, I'm still in complete remission with a normal kappa/lambda ratio, tomorrow will be a year since my stem cells were returned to me, do I have a party? Should I celebrate? Probably will!
    🙂
    Love Helen

Ali
    Participant

Hi Wendy

Thats great news! 😀

Helen, definately a party! Great news too!:-)

Love Ali x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Great news Wendy and Helen party, party
    Love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Great news all round me thinks, And Happy Birthday Stems you have a great host so look after her xxx

wendyduffield
    Participant

thanks all and Helen, a belated anniversary/birthday wishes to your new immune system. Mine is on 1st September!

Did you celebrate?

Now onto holiday planning which I have been doing more of since I found out the good news. I cant seem to find anywhere I want to go to that doesnt have risks from maleria, dengue fever,japanese encephalitis in some cases and other nasty diseases some of which I can be vaccinated against. Given you are prone to being bitten, what made you decide on Peru, is that malaria free?

Wendy

Helen
    Participant

Hi Wendy
    Another close contemporary then, I didn't do anything special for my anniversary but got a large bunch of flowers which was nice. Had a sip of wine again, but it still tastes terrible, I tried! 🙁
    As for Peru, my theory is that mosquitoes don't like altitude so if I go to Machu Picchu it's all above 2000ft, can't do the rain forest but can do Lake Titicaca.
    I got the green ( ish) light from consultant to look at May next year so will investigate insurance and plan itinerary and hotels in the next few months and then book sometime after Christmas. I think it will be quite expensive but I'm determined to have a go at it. 😎
    Anyway got Venice in September to look forward to first.
    Love Helen

Vicki
    Participant

Wendy

Just caught up with the thread! Result, so pleased for you……when is the marathon going to be then! Get on with that holiday now then. No apologies for over reactions necessary……you haven't seen my ones, and I'm doing those on behalf of Colin. There has been times when he's needed to get ME under control LOL

Vicki

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Kappa Light Chains on the Up’ is closed to new replies.