Last Chance Saloon

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Vicki
    Participant

Keith

Just caught up with these posts 🙂 you must feel rubbish! Really hoping that you will be able to grab this by the scruff of the neck! It's so hard to battle when you are tired…..however if you can, let's get goin 🙂 don't worry about your heat, just keep the battle going. Where there is life there is always hope 🙂 🙂

Vicki and coiln x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Melphan I know of course, most of us remember it fondly 😉 but Prodeserone is only vaguely familiar, I know I have never encountered it… is it a type of Steroid/Dex's big sister?

With being Bence Jones I deal in Kappa Light Chains and I'm not very good at equating them with PPs but I do understand that 84 is quite high… and that it indicates that your own marrow is the place to start the fight, hence the Melphan I suppose. Let's hope that the M&P combo start bringing the PPs down and help your bloods to come up.

You must feel quite lonely in that hospital bed my brother but you are not alone if positive thinking and the odd prayer find their way to you from here. Keep fighting Keith… and steer clear of cold baths. Every time I go in with a high temperature/sepsis they give me paracetamol which breaks the fever before the antibiotics kick in. Tell them you have a slight tooth-ache and ask for a couple.;-)

Dai.

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi Dai, yes Prodeserone is a close relative of Dex but not as strong as you don't get the sugar spikes with it like I did with Dex. And you don't get the come downs when coming off them. I don't understand the difference between PP's and Light changes either,it's enough trying to come to terms with what I've got. The got rid of the infection and I'm back at home trying to recover. Temperature is normal once again and I started on Melphalan/Pred on Friday.

Take all

Keith.

tom
    Participant

Hi Keith
    Am Pleased to read you have got rid of your infection and back home with Normal Temp. 😎
    You have had it rough My Friend and I pray this is the Corner you turn and chase me to that "Remission"8-)

Still all crossed at ours for you Keith.

Tom Onwards and Upwards x

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Last Chance Saloon’ is closed to new replies.