Last Chance Saloon

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

HI Guys
    back on the ward again with sepsis. problem is my bone marrow is knackered. My platelets are rock bottom as well as my nuets and Hb.I've had 4 packs of blood and 2 packs of Plts and due to have A BMB to try and find out if the problem is with my own marrow. My consultant also said would I want to be resuscitated if my heart stopped. Now there's one for. My mind is still strong but the body has taking a battering.

Stay well all.

Keith.

eve
    Participant

Hi Keith
    You sound a bit down,let's not think about what the doctor said,lets just think I am going to jump the hurdle, if its any help to you when Slim was being taken to ITU a young doctor,said we're taking you to ITU I cannot promise you will not die,he had not even asked,luckly he cannot remember .

They do not know everything Keith,what is right for one person might not be right for the next,and your a fighter you would not have got as far as you have,without that fighting spirit. I will keep every thing crossed for you Keith. Love Eve

Helen
    Participant

Dear Keith
    It's horrible having all these infections one after the other, no resistance is such a pig. I'm wishing you much strength and fortitude, when's the BMB going to happen?
    Love Helen

meganjane
    Participant

Dear Keith,

I am so sorry to hear about the sepsis. I hope the BMB may help to find out the source of the problem with your platelets. Phil and I are both thinking of you.

Megan and Phil

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dear Keith

So sorry about the awful infections. I hope the BMB points them in the right direction. My thoughts and good wishes are with you

Love Jean x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I was neutropenic for 10 days recently and I know that it's a bit of a bugger when you are fighting without much support from your body. My neuts came back up to 1.49 just in time to have my treatment this Tuesday with another planned for next Tuesday… as long as my neuts stay at 1.0 or more.

I do hope your BMB points to a way forward for you… just the slightest rise in your bloods will offer the hope to go upwards and onwards… are you still on the CDT or have they suspended it until they get some response from your neuts, platelets and HGB?

Please keep in touch, you know we will all be rooting for you here.

Regards and very best wishes 🙂

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Keith

Hows you doing today? Hope your doing Ok

Tom Onwards and Upwards x

KeithH17
    Participant

Hello to all and thank's for your replies. I am improving now and do feel much better. My Consultant is now on holiday but will be back early next week. I'm having very strong antibiotics and lot's of fluids. One of the problems I was having was that I was anaemic and had lost all co-ordination which meant I was finding it difficult to stand. I collapsed a number of times and my wife noticed the change in me before I did and was worried. All of my blood counts were rock bottom but the real issue is why. Yes Dai I am still on CDT at least until after the BMB has been carried out.I have low Hb/Plts/Nuets and will just not hold up to where they should be.The question is could it be that all the previous treatments have damaged the marrow which is preventing it from doing it's job or is it the combination of all the other failed treatments.I myself think it's a bit of both but we will see what is what next week and I'll post the result as soon as I know. All I can say is this has been a very difficult week and there were times when I thought my number was up. Thank's again guys and I do hope you are having a better time than me.

Keith.

tom
    Participant

Hi Keith

I dont kn ow what yopu have/are going through my friend as i havn't been in that position I can just wish you luck and keep those prayers going for you.

You have the strenth in you you just need a bit of a break to get yourself stronger, lets hope next week brings some good news for you M8.

Tom Onwards and Upwards

KeithH17
    Participant

Thank's Tom for your support. Without going into the more gory details I'd just like to say I hope you never ever have to go through this or anyone else for that matter. I'm onto my 3rd antibiotic since being admitted because my temperature keeps going up and down. One of the healthcare assistants who's a great lad said he thought the room was very warm when he came in on the morning so I took the bull by the horns and switched all of the heating off and slept commando which was quite cold. Temp was taken at around 6 am and was 38, Maybe I'll try having an ice bath before going to bed LOL.There must still be some sort of infection in my blood which they cannot identify but need to do so in order to get to the bottom of the problem.
    Stay well Tom and all others on here fighting this horrible disease.

keith.

tom
    Participant

Morning Kieth

Its no problem your posts help us all and for I am gratfull but still fingers crossed they get to the Bottom of your infection.

As for the Ice Baths well I for one would stay away from it Lol.

I remember one of our Grandkids haveing a fever and I took him to the Dr's and he told me not to mop him down with cold flannel or put a fan on him as its not good for him?? well i have done that for years and years with my own Kids and iccle ole me but hey ho he knows best.

Take Care my Friend and hope you are soon sorted and home.

Fingers crossed Tom Onwards and Upwards

eve
    Participant

Hi Keith

Well they are working hard on you,so at this present hospital seems the place for you,how is your wife managing with all this,she must be very worried about you.??

Once they find the infection,they should be able to treat it,as for going commando style, what was the nurse doing ,I do not think that's the answer Keith,I no Slim was very confused when he was ill,the hospital s usually use paracetamol to bring down temperature .

Let them look after you Keith,and give my regards to your wife. Love Eve

KeithH17
    Participant

PP's (84) Nuets (0.3) Plts (12) are the latest scores. MY own Consultant is back tomorrow and we'll be having a conversation as to what the next step will be. A BMB is certainly on the agenda and just maybe the CDT will start up again if not another option. With PP's of 84 it does appear that the bone marrow is at the route of the problem. Will keep you informed. Stay well.

keith.

Mothas
    Participant

Keith I don't know you of course, but you come across as someone with great dignity and strength. Keep fighting.

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi Dai, CDT Has stopped working so the next plan is to go on to Melphan/ Prodeserone which is my best chance. The best and only chance I have is to get my PP'S down which are are at 84. Apart from that I''m of. Let's just battle it.

Keith..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Last Chance Saloon’ is closed to new replies.