Lastest News

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

Hello to you all, went for blood test today which checked out ok just need to drink a bit more water.
    Saw Consultant who is pleased with the result and is happy to carry on with Rev, today being the last day of the first cycle before a 1 week's rest period. Scaling down on the Dex from today 10,5,3,1 then nothing until the start of the next cycle which starts on 23th July. Fatigue is still an issue accompanied by a feeling of emptiness and lack of concentration but It's all part of the price I have to pay in order to hit the MM hard. As long as the Rev continues to work then we will crack on with it and that's ok by me. I will say that I'll be pleased when the Dex dosage is cut as this I'm sure is causing the problems I am having at the moment. This drug hijacks your life I'm sure of it.

Keith.

tom
    Participant

Hi Keith
    Well done My Friend, did you askif vodka is Ok for you to keep your fluid intake up 😀

Keep it going good luck with your next cycle 😎

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Glad it's looking good with the results, it sounds like your symptoms are a lot like kevs going through but he's on vel/ dex
    He's just about got over his chest infection, yesterday and today he's off the dex and the fatigue as set in big style, he's also noticed that all the pains in his bones reappear. Went for MRI scan yesterday on his spine which is pretty recent pain were hoping it's nothing? I'm always nagging kev to drink more (WATER) that is TOM, vodka indeed! LOL!
    Anyway Keith take care let's hope those results get better every time!

Chin up love liz & kev xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I am glad that your news is relatively good… and that your team seem to be sorting out your Dex intake.

I asked my consultant today about my Dex intake (20x2mg once weekly) and she said she would like to keep it at that for the present until we see some definite movement downwards with my light chains. That agreed I mentioned that someone from this site was on a significantly higher intake and she physically flinched… 😀 25mg Rev per day + 40mg Dex per week seems to be her idea of 'Maximum'.:-D

I hope that Cycle 2 is better, easier and far more comfortable for you… personally it took about 4 Cycles before I felt comfortable/at ease with my regime (although it hasn't changed since Cycle 1).:-)

Regards

Dai.

KeithH17
    Participant

Thank's for your replies I'm on 25mg Rev + 99mg Dex per week for 4 cycles 1 down 3 to go.
    No Vodka Tom sorry I don't think the Doc's would buy that one but maybe worth a try asking LOL.
    Hi Liz hope things work out for you also,Velcade was my previous treatment when I had 8 cycles before going onto my 2nd sct but the Dex was less than half the dose I'm taking now which made things a lot easier.

Keith.

Helen
    Participant

Hang on in there Keith, hope it keeps doing the trick.
    Love Helen

Perkymite
    Participant

Keep going buddy just keep going.

I took up Tom's idea of using 6 x 500ml bottles. I fill them up every morning, then I can see where I am with fluid intake, also it silently nags you to "get them down".

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Elizellen
    Participant

Hang on in there, Keith!

When I started to try and drink 2-3 litres of water a day (in 2003 when I started eating Atkins) I filled 500 mls sports-top bottles and had one with me at all times so I could take a slurp every few minutes.

I found when using the computer that if I made myself take a drink every time the screen refreshed it wasn't long before I needed to get a fresh bottle out of the fridge.

Eliz
    XX
    X

tom
    Participant

Hi All

Am Pleased it works for you David 😀 having those bottles in the fridge and facing you every time I go for the lemonade for my Vodka is a great reminder Lol

Keep the water flowing 😎

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lastest News’ is closed to new replies.