Lenalidomide/Ixazomib & Dexamethasome

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  aburke53 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

aburke53
    Participant

My first post.

I am 66 had had a Stem Cell transplant in 2007 and a second Stem Cell transplant in 2013. Both proved difficult to recover from but I managed to get back to a pretty good level of health and fitness and resumed a fairly active life style including hiking, gym, cricket, badminton and cycling so I Know I have been lucky.

In Jan 2019 I relapsed again and was put non a combination of Lenalidomide (Revlimid), Ixazumib (Ninlaro) and the dreaded Dexamethasome for six months. Blood counts recovered and all other tests seemed good. 6 months of Dex definitely made me feel very ill and I was not sleeping at all for 4/5 nights after taking it.

Since Sept I’ve just been on the Lenalidomide and Ixazomib which I am tolerating well and feel pretty good and I am back playing badminton and back in the gym. I can see that I am operating at about 50% from before.

Is anyone else going through this combination? How are you coping? Is it effective, long term, without the Dex? How long can I expect this treatment to work for?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.