Lenalidomide – strange side effects?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rabbit 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rabbit
    Participant

What follows may sound strange (it may be strange) but somebody may have had the same experiences.

I am currently in remission, taking lenalidomide daily since July.

I have noticed two things.

– I am getting a few dark spots on my skin, first on one wrist, then on the other.
    – Mentally, I feel close to crying at times. It is not particularly emotional in nature (though there is some of that) as some of it feels like a chemical reaction (such as while chopping onions).

Some side effects a bit like this are officially recognised, like full scale skin rashes and anxiety, but they don’t quite match what I am experiencing.

taffd
    Participant

Hi rabbit,

I had to stop lenalidomide after a couple of days of starting, as I started to get symptoms of peripheral neuropathy.

I may well have been emotional as well, as when I phoned my team to report it I was somewhat, as I later described it, dramatic.

rabbit
    Participant

Hi Taffd,

Thank you for your reply. That is very interesting. Sorry that the lenalidomide affected you so much. It is bizarre how the same chemo can cause such variable side effects in different people.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.