Little things

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  claren 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

claren
    Participant

Hi,

My mother in law has recently been diagnosed with Myeloma and has just started treatment.  I am trying to think of all the little things she will need or find comforting. I have got her a diary, 2 actually the first was nowhere big enough to list the medication! I am making a photo blanket as a friend said the arm can get very cold when having chemo, I’m sorting audio books and music etc. however I am hoping you may be able to advise on the type of thermometer I should get so any infections can be spotted ASAP. I’m a mum so immediately thought an ear thermometer would be best but have since had other people tell me an under the tongue one would be better.

I hope this post is ok I don’t want to get this wrong.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Clare

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Clare

We have a Braun ear thermometer as it was thought to be the best and is very accurate.

Hope your mother in law is getting good treatment.

Maureen x

claren
    Participant

Thank you Maureen. X

mattkbo
    Participant

Hi Clare,

We also have a Braun Ear Thermometer, invaluable.

Matt

jmsmyth
    Participant

We also have the Braun ear thermometer. My DIL brought a wand thermometer – doesn’t touch the skin – just wave it across the forehead. She said it’s brilliant

Jean

claren
    Participant

Thanks everyone.  I have purchased the Braun ear thermometer but will look into the wand ones if we have any problems.

🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Little things’ is closed to new replies.