logging in

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  webteam 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi has anyone had this trouble with their mobile or is it my da*mn phone. My phone uses Safari as its browser. I had to update it last week and since then I cannot get into the Myeloma site. It allows me too use google or any other web address, but when I try MM it comes back to say "Safari cant find server". It is doing my head in. Don't know if I should take mobile back to Apple – that in itself is a nightmare. Anyone else had this problem? It could save my sanity if anyone has a resolution!

Thanks Jean x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Fogot to say it's an IPhone

Jean

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Jean
    Sorry to hear you are having troubles with the site. You are the second person to have this problem so I don't think it is a phone issue. I have raised the issue with our support team and hopefully we will have a solution soon.

If anyone else is having this problem please post details here.

Regards
    Stuart
    Myeloma UK WebTeam

jmsmyth
    Participant

Thanks Stuart. The phone has nearly gone out the window on a few occasions.

Jean

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Jean
    Could you tell me what version of the iPhone you are using please? You can find out using this guide :

[url=http://www.ehow.com/how_5973743_tell-version-safari-iphone.html]http://www.ehow.com/how_5973743_tell-version-safari-iphone.html[/url]

Regards
    Stuart.

eve
    Participant

Hi
    I have had the same problems but only sometimes computer also very slow,it also depends how I try to get into site.
    If I try to get in from last log out that is retained as favourite I have had something like: opps google chrome cannot find site,server is not posting,when I try again through another avenue I usually get in.Eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Stuart it's the IPhone 4. Only started when I put on the new upgrade. No problem when I clicked on your link. Just when I open Safari.
    Jean

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Stuart

Any luck with Safari browser? Phone has nearly gone out the window a couple of times today – scared it will hit someone on the head. >:-(

Jean

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Jean
    Sorry to say we are struggling to re-create the problem at our end. Can you explain a bit further what you mean by "No problem when I clicked on your link. Just when I open Safari". In the mean time I will have a look around the web to see if this new update is the problem.

Stuart.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Stuart

When I receive an email from MM (you in this case or another cyber friends – "Monitor THIS POST")thee is a link that takes me straight through to your post. I have neve had a problem opening the site that way. In Safari the MM site would be my Home Page. Ususally when I open Safari it would take me straight through to the Discussion group. For a few weeks now that has not happened. I open Safari and it comes back "Cant find Server". I have tried to get in the "back door" by going back into history (the day before) and clicking on Discussion group and same thing happens, even if I go futher back in the history. I have even tried clicking on differnt discussions – same response. Even when I close down all open Aps and try again the same thing happens. If I want to use the IPhone I have to switch off phone and start again. Funny thing Safari allows me to go to any site that I want except MM. Could very well be my stupid phone.

Would appreciate any help.
    Regards Jean
    ps Other times it allows me in – seems to be hit and miss!!

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Jean
    Can you try something for me please. Can you re-type http://www.myeloma.org.uk into the address bar to get to our home page. Then click the very top left link to "Discussion Forum". Once there close Safari. Then open Safari again and browse the forum. I think the problem has something to do with us renaming sections of the website and the iPhone is remembering the old layout which no longer exists.

Regards
    Stuart.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Stuart that seems to work. Did it a few times and had no problem.
    Many thanks for solving it. Phone can stay put.

Regards jean

Ps Stuart it took me quite a few times to post reply

webteam
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it Jean. Please drop me an email or reply to this thread if you experience an more problems.

Our website servers were being updated today so this may have caused the site to run a bit slowly. Hopefully this explains your reply issue. Again if it persists please let me know so we can look into it.

Regards
    Stuart

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘logging in’ is closed to new replies.