London Marathon

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  maggier 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

hartsdown
    Participant

Why is there not a bigger presents in the London Marathon by Myeloma UK.

I stood on the embankment for 4 hours and I only saw 1 T shirt with Myeloma UK on it.

Surely this must be one of the biggest fund raisers of the year?

maggier
    Participant

Hi

My name is Maggie and I’m a Senior Community Fundraiser at Myeloma UK.

Thank you for going along to watch the London Marathon on Sunday and cheer on runners. We had a record 27 supporters in the marathon who have raised over £76,000.

I was there to meet the runners afterwards and you can see the photos on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/myelomauk

Best wishes

Maggie

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by  maggier.

peterl
    Participant

Dear Maggie,

Well done. That’s a fantastic result.  And congratulations to everyone involved.

Kind regards,

Peter

susantr
    Participant

Hi

I have just completed a 21 mile walk in Singapore for Myeloma UK. It took me 6.58 hours. My daughter joined me. We managed to raise £350, well every little helps 😊. I was diagnosed 2016 and was 51 at the time, stage III with acute kidney injury. I’m glad I have been able to help Myeloma UK.

Susan

maggier
    Participant

Hi Susan

That’s great, thank you! If you have any photos we would love to include them in our next Facebook fundraising album.

You can send them to ruth.harris@myeloma.org.uk

Maggie

lindawinton
    Participant

Well done to the 27 Marathon runners and Susan and her daughter for their 21 mile walk.  All thie fundraising does make a difference. Thank you x

linda

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hi All

I have to say that I share some of hartsdown views at the top of this post.

I wanted to toss in a tenner to help runners on the London Marathon and spent ages searching for a runner who was raising funds for Myeloma UK. It doesn’t help that there are lots of different online charity donation platforms. I did eventually find the team of 27 runners mentioned by Maggie, but don’t understand why the Myeloma UK website doesn’t provide this sort of information up front which would be a s ort of one stop shop?

Hope this helps.

David

maggier
    Participant

Hi David

Thank you for your donations towards the Myeloma UK London Marathon runners. I’ll keep in mind your feedback about featuring the campaign page next year for anyone wishing to make a donation to the 2019 runners.

Best wishes

Maggie

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hi Maggie

Thanks for this helpful feedback. Why just the London marathon? I am sure that this would also apply to other events and would provide useful publicity for fundraisers during the year.

Hope this helps.

David

maggier
    Participant

You’re right, we can do it for all of the campaigns we do, such as Myeloma Awareness Week and the Great North Run.

We can’t promote individual fundraiser’s pages as with over 1,000 being set up for us every year there’s too many to highlight on our social media and website.

Best wishes

Maggie

• This reply was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by  maggier.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.