Long term zometa

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  janw 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

crawf
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi I’m new to this forum after having an Auto SCT in Feb 2016 so far so good no issues and I just have a 15min zometa infusion every 4 weeks and have had now for about 15 months and am due to continue upto 24 months then once every 3 months. However recently I have started to feel dizzy/shaky/nauseous about 36/48 hours after the infusion and it lasts for about a week. Ive not really bothered but today it is particularly bad.  Has anyone else experienced this I know some people have immediate side effects with zometa but I have been fine until the last few infusions.  Thanks</p>

janw
    Participant

Hi,
    I would certainly discuss your change of reaction to Zometa with your consultant for their advice as to whether to continue with the treatment in its current format.

When I first received Zometa in 2010, I was hardly given any IV fluids prior or after Zometa which did contribute to certain side effects of dizziness and headache for a two to three days after the infusion. However when I changed hospitals in 2011, the nurses always ensured sufficient IV fluids were administered at the time of the Zometa infusion which certainly helped with the side effects. I was also advised to drink plenty of fluids for the days around Zometa. You might ask your consultant as to whether slowing down the rate of infusion from 15 minutes to 30 minutes might help reduce any side effects.

Regards
    Jan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Long term zometa’ is closed to new replies.