Maintenance ?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  susie 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

susie
    Participant

Does anyone know if any maintenance is allowed (by NICE that is ) ?

I’m at first relapse and about to start cycle 5 of Velcade. Melphalan, and Pred. After two cycles my PP’s dropped from 54 to 28 and are now 15. Responce is certainly slowing down. The consultant told me today its unlikely to drop much further and next remission will not last as long as the first one. Very depressing.

Best wishes

susie

docmike
    Participant

Dear Susie
    Not that I am aware of but still investigating .Unless in a trial or in an area where they ignore nice maintenance seems unavailable and the long term cost make this very unlikely despite evidence from a uk trial myeloma X1 . This has to change but how?
    Michael

susie
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Michael. I so agree it has to change but haven’t a clue how to achieve it. I get angry when I think about NICE, who are interested only in the financial cost in, it appears, the short term. For example in the case of ixazomib, an oral drug, do they consider the monies saved in reduced hospital appointments.

All beyond me.

susie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Maintenance ?’ is closed to new replies.