Medical cards

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ianbvge 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ianbvge
    Participant

I can’t find it now, but a few days ago someone from Northern Ireland posted about a red medical card to do with emergency intravenous antibiotics. I’ve got (English) cards for steroids, riveroxaban/Xarelto, and general chemotherapy, but nothing like that. Is it perhaps an NI thing only, or should I be looking to add one to my collection? Or maybe add something to my MedicAlert details?

ianbvge
    Participant

I think that post may have been on the Facebook Myeloma Support group, not here – but I still can’t find it. But I did find one referring to a card about irradiated blood for transfusion:
    “I have a card to keep in my purse which says if I need a transfusion I MUST have irradiated Blood, ask your team if they give these – just in case of accident etc.”
    Does anybody know anything about this, or have such a card?

paulpix
    Participant

Morning
    I had one of those cards following my stem cell transplant

ianbvge
    Participant

@paulpix, Thanks, that’s helpful to know. Will bear it in mind when I get to mine (expected spring 2020).

paulpix
    Participant

Hi Ian(?)

Best of luck for the transplant, any questions or worries just let us know there are plenty of us who have been through it and can offer support and advice.

There is a great article on the Myeloma website about what to take in with you for the transplant, well worth a read

Paul

ianbvge
    Participant

Yes, it’s Ian.
    I’ve downloaded lots of those documents. Even read some of them…
    Thx for the backup – it’s appreciated. Will keep in touch as things go along.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.