Mirtazapine

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  julianprotheroe 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jeff605
    Participant

Hi all, I am going through quite a down spell at present, caused by a series of not nice events that have caused me to struggle to maintain my usual positive attitude. My GP,a good family doctor ( he spotted my Myeloma early on) wants me to start a course of Mirtazapine tablets. I am concerned about side effects ( we all have enough of those already!!) and possible addiction. Has anyone experience of this antidepressant drug and it’s effects? Any advice very welcome Best wishes to all Jeff

julianprotheroe
    Participant

Hi Jeffery,  I, like you was on a bit of a downer and put on Mirtazapine by my GP.  The GP told me to start on half a 15mg tablet and to increase the dose when I felt I needed it.  A month later I am still on half a tablet and feeling more able to cope and sleeping better.  I am not too worried about becoming addicted as I weaned myself off Zopiclone, before starting the Mirtazapine.  Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Mirtazapine’ is closed to new replies.