Missing our dad/husband

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  eve 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

scott9
    Participant

Hi,

My dad has passed away after 5 years of myeloma. He was so positive with his illness and didn’t let anything get in the way of living the life he wanted to live.

He went through all sorts of treatment and was always getting the cancer into remission. We thought he would outlive us all which is why we were so shocked. Our whole family still can’t believe it!

He would probably like us to say to every sufferer to enjoy your life to its full pontential and keep on fighting this horrible disease that ruins so many lives.

Our only advice to anyone with family with myeloma is to cuddle them and tell them you love them! We wish we did that more with my dad! We hope it gets easier

Scott’s family

dickb
    Participant

Really saddened to hear about Scott, as Jane said, his posts seemed upbeat and optimistic. I hope you can manage with the grief and that you will make the most of everything he gave you. After all, you have a life to.

All the best for the future.

Richard

finn
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear your news of Scott’s passing. He wrote several posts here that were always very positive and he seemed very upbeat about life in general. It sounded like he was living his life to its fullest. I am shocked he is gone. My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time.
    <div id=”stcpDiv” style=”position: absolute; top: -1999px; left: -1988px;”>My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult loss. – See more at: http://obituarieshelp.org/condolence_phrases_prose_sentences.html#sthash.vajii871.dpuf</div&gt;
    <div id=”stcpDiv” style=”position: absolute; top: -1999px; left: -1988px;”>My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult loss. – See more at: http://obituarieshelp.org/condolence_phrases_prose_sentences.html#sthash.vajii871.dpuf</div&gt;

finn
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear of Scott’s passing. He wrote several posts here that were always very optimistic and he was so upbeat about life in general. He seemed to live his life to its fullest. I am shocked he is gone. My heart goes out to you and your family in this difficult time.

jmsmyth
    Participant

I was shocked to hear of your dads passing. My deepest sympathy to your family

Jean

bandityoga
    Participant

So sorry to hear Scott has passed away. He helped me when my husband was diagnosed and I was going through a difficult time.

Condolences to all the family

Maureen x

rebeccaR
    Participant

So sorry to hear this news – he was very generous in spirit, optimism and support which I guess is why this is seems so out of the blue. Condolences to you all.

Rebecca

Carolsymons
    Participant

Your dad was always so positive, so sad to hear this news. He was just too young to die. This cancer is just too, too cruel. I am sure you have loads of lovely memories to keep you going.

Carol

janw
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear your news about your dad. He always sounded so positive about life and his treatment. My condolences to you and your family.
    Jan W

eve
    Participant

My condolences to your family.

As many have said on here,Scott always seemed to be beating the odds,I remember him talking about SCT although kidney functions were not great.

He gave lots of people hope and this is what this site is about,hope for a cure plus watching people who seem to be full of hope and beating the odds,Scott is one of many that have lost there fight against this awful illness,

I can only tell you,people like your Dad and many others kept me going through my husbands illness ,Sadly I lost my husband last year,but I will always be grateful for all the help received from people like your dad,that is a gift they all gave freely .
    Celebrate his life with pride as he helped so many on here just by surviving and giving hope to so many. Kind regards Eve

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Missing our dad/husband’ is closed to new replies.