Myeloma Matters

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi just in case you don’t subscribe to Myeloma Matters here is the article I wrote about being a ‘Carer’ or ‘looking after my husband Henry’ who has myeloma.
    Sarah

Ang287
    Participant

Brilliant article Sarah. You are both similar ages to us. My husband had his STC in February and now in complete remission. His job was restructured 9 days after his STC so he took redundancy. I wondered if he goes for a new job if he needs to divulge his medical condition. I have carried on working full time and I think this helps me and I run home from work a few times a week. We are looking forward to our first holiday abroad in 2 years soon. The words “stringent complete remission” were amazing. Let’s hope our husbands both have a very long remission. x

Anonymous

thank you 🙂 i dont think you have to divulge it when going for a new job. but at some point you will need to advise. its a difficult one as you would like to think there is no discrimination. henry has been up front with employers and they’ve been v good. but he is in remission and doing very well. long may it continue for both our husbands xx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Myeloma Matters’ is closed to new replies.