Myeloma Maybe ?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  angieevangelou 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

angieevangelou
    Participant

Hi, My name is Angelina i'm 45 and a single parent to a 15 yr old girl with identical twin daughters of 21 and MGUS was diagnosed last year whilst having blood tests after 6 MONTHS of Rib Pain… eventually i paid for an mri of my thoracic spine after an orthapedic consultant suggested it ( i didnt want to wait for months as i was in a lot of pain…) After the MRI showed signs of MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS i had a lumbar puncture and brain scan which confirmed MS.The blood abnormality was pretty much ignored by my GP's as my doctor was off sick herself…after several requests to various other duty doctors for an explanation of IGA Lambda that was discovered in April 2011 i finally managed to get a doc to write to the heamatology consultant and i was given an appointment within a week ! Have continued to suffer with rib pain plus hip shoulder and back pain now too.I was given a skeletal survey in May and it took till july to get a report back on it…The registrar had said the xrays look fine to her and discharged me from clinic to have blood tests on a six monthly basis at my doctors.The next day she rang me to say that the report had come back and they had discovered an ill defined lucent lesion on my skull so they would not discharge me and see me in 3 months.Had another heamatology appt in Oct with yet another registrar who said they would see me in 3 months again until i said that i was concerned that i have the lesion on my skull and have many of the bone pain symptoms of Myeloma… I am constantly tired and in pain from the MS and the symptoms of both conditions are very similar and i felt that this was being ignored somewhat… She said she would discuss with my consultant and rang next day to tell me i would be having a bone marrow biopsy the next week… had this two days ago and am now nervously waiting for results…Although i have not been diagnosed with Myeloma i wanted to share my story and see if anyone had any advice or similar stories… My big brother died due to a catalogue of miostakes made at the A&E department of the hospital im attending so i feel i have to keep on top of my health myself and if i hadnt i wouldnt have even seen a heamatologist this year… a year after protein was discovered…is this normal…i feel much better now that i have an outlet for my worries…. Look forward to being in touch with some of you on this forum. Angelina.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Myeloma Maybe ?’ is closed to new replies.