New – but no confirmed MM

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Benz
    Participant

Best introduce myself – I'm Scott almost 45. Live up near Aberdeen in Scotland.

Enjoy my job, got a beautiful wife and daughter (just turned 6).

Been a bit of an up and down year….work good employer and like my job.

My family are absolutely brilliant – so much love between us.

Health – a bit up and down. Up – generally feeling great and just on Sunday did a nice 35 mile cycle ride with a good friend. 'Bonked' at about 30 miles but some jelly dinosaur sweets from a village shop fixed that and got us home.

Had quite a number of blood tests and investigations related to a potential liver issue for which about 2 weeks ago was given all clear following liver biopsy. Fantastic – life back to normal and feeling 100% optimistic again.

However, now need to go provide some more samples this Friday and one potential outcome is I may have MM.

So…..I'm having some major mental leading to physical challenges dealing with MM potentially being diagnosed. Anxiety leading to physical outcomes – not sleeping, generally feeling that knot in the stomach, feeling a bit nauseous, etc.

Guess I should be optimistic as it may be nothing to concern myself about but I cannot get these darker thoughts out of my head. Example is I stretched to pick up something last night and now have twinge in lower left back – guess what I think it must be MM related!

Hopefully any positive results at my GP should (given private medical cover) lead to fairly swift progress with the appropriate medical folks.

I've read a fair bit on these forum discussion areas and am truly humbled by the bravery and positive stories from a lot of folks.

However, at this time I am very scared and whilst my issues may ultimately be the same as some of the folks on here, just thought I'd introduce myself.

tom
    Participant

Hi Scott
    Great Intoduction I may say 😀 Sorry you had to join us but you have dropped in to a great place great set of folks MM folk and carers (well those that look after us 😎 )

No need for the WWW now you are here so just ask away and am sure some one will help, nothing is too scary for us lot now 🙂

Good Luck (if it turns out to be MM) on your road to remission

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

Benz
    Participant

Tom,

Appreciate the welcome – thanks!

Very selfishly I am obviously hoping that tests turn nothing up and I can get back to 'normality' as it was – focus on the things I enjoy with no restrictions or impacts on those I love dearly.

Primary concerns are accessibility to further treatment if my GP believes further investigation is required.

I get concerned that unless treatment starts quickly then whichever disease it is could progress quicker and hence you 'miss the boat'.

However I also appreciate that diagnosis can take some time as can the appropriate treatment regime. Plus I can be an impatient patient!

Take care.

Michele
    Participant

Hi Scott and welcome.

I just wondered what makes you think you may have MM? Have you had symptoms that have led to your doctor taking blood/urine tests to look for the signs?

I really wouldn't worry about something that may never happen and even if MM is diagnosed, please don't be scared. There's so much that can be done to treat MM even though it's not curable yet.

Let us know how things pan out……

Best Wishes
    Michele

Benz
    Participant

Michele,

No symptoms as per normal guide. Never heard about MM until last week.

I have been being investigated over the last few months for elevated liver alt levels. Ultimately had a liver biopsy which showed no issues.

However been asked to provide Bence Jones urine sample. Quick Google and if found positive could indicate MM is why I have appeared here.

I very occasionally suffer from a slightly sore right knee and stiff shoulders but have put that down to desk job and cycling.

My immune system is very active. Following the 3 invasive procedures I have had in my life my immune system caused lots of strange reactions. Also hay fever since a child. My Dad has Rheumatoid arthritis.

tom
    Participant

Your Welcome Scott

I also hope that your results turn up and say you are Myeloma free 😀 and that Scott is not selfish its self preservation and that is what you need if confirmed with Myeloma.

If confirmed with Myeloma am sure you will kick its Ass and soon be on the road to remission (am sure we ought to get a songwriter to write a song about The Road to Remissin?)

The treatment if neede will start soon Scott but lets hope at this time you wont need any 😎

Stay strong and fit (ish)

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New – but no confirmed MM’ is closed to new replies.