new to discussion

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dizzyliz 13 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Dizzyliz
    Participant

hello everyone i'm a carer for my hubby who was diagnosed august 2010
    he is now in hospital having had his sct last week, was day 8 when i got to hospital he was poorly could'nt do anything to help felt useless
    just wanted to take it all away for him. joined as anewcomer last night
    but think did it wrong realised got to join discussion,
    was a bit upset when i joined so this morning feeling little better.
    just spoke to him like i do every morning and he's had a bad night.
    nurses have said he's at 0 now and why he (kev's) feeling this way.
    I think it's now hit me after yesterday and got a bit to much, being the strong one for the past 6months and believing kev's probably had mm for over year! and not realising, reading some of your comments which i found
    comforting and joined because there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

brocho
    Participant

Hi Dizzyliz ( love the name!) welcome I am glad you found us. It must be very hard watching someone you love go through a procedure which makes you feel so ill no wonder it has got to you From this point though things do get better , once the blood counts start to rise he will begin to feel better , although it can seem ages before that happens it wont be too long before he is home Lppk after you as well though ,as you say you have been the strong one but you do need to make sure you dont get too exhausted by it all Try and make time for something that has nothing to do with hospitals and myeloma even if its only a cuppa nd natter with a friend Take care Liz and best wishes to you and Kev It wont be long before you have some normality back and all this will have been worth it Bridget

Dizzyliz
    Participant

hello bridget, thankyou for your reply was just going to close down when i saw your msg: gonna do my cleaning and get ready to visit kev one thing is they let me go in anytime within reason, it's been a long night for us both
    when your never really apart so this is all new.
    i will keep coming back and let you know how kevs getting on.

kind regards liz:-)

Gill
    Participant

Hi Izabella (sp?) It's a beautiful name.

Horrid, horrid time you are going through Kev will turn a corner and you both will have a "normal" life back. I remember before Stephen (mm husband) was first told he would go for a SCT we were told "We will make you feel worse before we make you feel better" Ain't that the truth! Unfortunately you both have to be patient to get there What is that poem

Patience is a virtue
    Pocess it if you can
    Seldom found in women
    And never in a man:-)

You will both get a life back.

tom
    Participant

Hi Liz and Kev

So sorry you had to join this site, but it is one of the best.

I had my SCT december 2009 so it is 16 months post transplant and honest I have never looked back, up hill for a few months then WALLA better 😀

Since I had SCT I and my young bride (Elaine) have just got back from Great Yarmouth, and had two fly away holls prior to that so as you can see it aint stopped us much 😎

Just let it take its time and all will be well, but please take time out for yourself as you will need it.

Love and Hugs

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

hi all thankyou so much for your kind words, been with kevin all afternoon
    he's having quite bad nose bleeds and they are talking of giving plalets
    so just waiting to hear how things are.
    hope it's something & nothing. still sleeping alot but that cant be bad,
    ringing him first thing hoping to hear a stronger voice and as tom says onwards and upwards!:-)

luv liz xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Liz and Kev

I also had to have platlets too, two lots but it made me beter faster :-).
    When I had my SCT I also slept that much in the last 6 days that I misse who came to visit ha ha, sleep is what Kev needs at the moment (and for a feww weeks after) it will all fall into place 😎 I would say about three months and Kev will be saying Wot MM ? am better ( I was)

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

Min
    Participant

Hi Liz and welcome to our unique little club, shame that all of us wish we weren't in this club, but you are amongs friends.
    Apart from diagnosis, I think sct time for those of us left to worry about a sufferer of mm is the worst and most worrying. We worry before during and after. Sometimes its not necessary, other times its soooo distressing. Just wish I could do it for him, there again no; don't think I could go through what these brave souls do.
    Best just to sit quietly when he feels this rotten and wait till he's well enough for nagging! He has the summer to look forward too, and so not so many cold bugs around. He will be home in about three weeks or less.
    Dont do what I did and do retail therapy. I bought an Apple Mac computer even though I hadn't a clue how to use it. Thought it would take my mind off worrying……….Big mistake. Should have bought shoes instead.
    TAke Care
    Min

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello min, thanx for your kind words this forum has been a godsend just spoke to kev and he's now having
    Platelets & bloods so fingers crossed! As for the retail therapy already done it! Bought the new ipad2 told kev
    But not sunk in yet! 2 months down the line when he says how long have you had that? ( well I'll say no more)
    This old thing!! Lol!>:-) I'll be going up to see kev later and hopefully he's a little better:-)

Regards liz xx

Update on kev, just got back from hospital kegs had his platelets and blood transfusion seemed a little better dare I say,
    We even sat and watched the grand national, but when I looked over he had dozed off bless! I feel a lot happier tonight than have done for a while, profs been in to see him and pleased with him and that if he carries on this way there could be a midweek homecoming!:-) that put a smile on his face, who would have said two days ago it would turnaround like this! 🙂

Gonna get some food now not had anything all day daughters gone to the chippy.

Regards liz xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘new to discussion’ is closed to new replies.