new to the forum

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Glynj
    Participant

Hello my name is glyn my husband has myeloma .he was diagnosed last year .I have been reading the forum and found it very interesting.So i thought i would say hello.His pp levels were 31 at diagnosis He has had chemo and stem cell transplant using his own cells we will get results in Dec .He is having donor transplant his brother,s early next year

eve
    Participant

Hi Glyn
    Just to say welcome from one carer to another,hubby seems to be doing very well,and long may it continue.
    Good to hear good news and know there are people out there that are getting such good results,it does give the rest of us,such a boost.:-)

Hope you keep posting and let us know how it goes.Eve

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Glyn and welcome. Your hubby seems to be going for the full monty, auto SCT and Allo SCT. I wish him the best of luck.

Kindest reagards – vasbyte

David

tom
    Participant

Hi Glynis

A warm welcome to the site to you and your good Husband. I wish you a good journey on this MM trip to remission (and it gets their)

Love and Huhs (())))

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

Glynj
    Participant

Thank you so much for your lovely welcome.Yes he is going for the full monty ,We have a lot of faith in his consultant.I will keep you informed how he is getting on.A little bit about my hubby he is 57yrs old never been ill before. He went for a routine check up which included a blood test. So we could,nt belive it when they said he had MM.That was in 2010 he has some lesions on his bones but they are small.He has 1ag myeloma.We have had ups and downs with the treatment. But he never moans got to be done he says Side effects have been a pain ,But we have faith it will all be worth it …Glyn

tom
    Participant

Morning Glyn and Hubby

Gosh Glyn you were late in bed or an early riser looking at the time you posted 😀

Thanks for the Info on Hubby's route so far, he was lucky the Dr spotted it early as for the ups and down when in treatment think we all have that:-( always wondered why something they give you to make you better makes you Ill:-S but hey ho I know it works, In remission still and only have Zometa Infusion every four weeks 😀 and I think that should stop in december 2 years post stem cell transplant 😎

Love and Hugs (())

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘new to the forum’ is closed to new replies.