Newcomer to Myeloma

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  duclady 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

duclady
    Participant

Hi there I’m Viv im 49 and just about to have a diagnosis of Myeloma confirmed. I had my first bone marrow biopsy on Wednesday and I’m having a CT scan on Monday.  Due to an inflammation in my gall bladder my bloods showed a protein reading of 140 I have no symptoms that I’m aware of so this has come as a surprise almost surreal as I feel so well. I have anemia which is fatiguing me but I’m kinda used to being tired all the time , so here I am about to embark on an unknown journey and an endless it feels like of informing everyone who needs to know. Looking forward to reading more and finding out a bit about you all. Healing thoughts to you all Viv xx

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hi Viv

Sorry to hear that you may have myeloma.

There is plenty of useful information on this website, and from the nurses on the helpline.  They say that myeloma is a very individual disease so it can often be difficult to find out how it might affect each of us as individuals.

There are a number of patient info days around the country which are well worth attending, there are also local support groups which can offer a friendly ear.

I was diagnosed in 2013 and was fairly poorly at the time.  Pleased to say that the treatment has been successful and quality of life has much improved. The sun is shining today on Merseyside so what more can we ask for.
    Hope this helps.

David S

duclady
    Participant

Hi David

Thank you for your merseyside sunny welcome. It’s lovely here in Hereford and I have been soaking up the sun myself.

There is a support group here next one is May 18th

It’s nice to hear that your improving and long may you continue too.

I should know more next week where I’m at

enjoy your evening

Viv

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Newcomer to Myeloma’ is closed to new replies.