Newly diagnosed

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pb42 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

pb42
    Participant

Just had confirmation of myeloma on Christmas Eve which was picked up after post lumpectomy of a breast cancer diagnosis in October! All a bit unreal to have two diagnosis in three months. First of all can someone tell me the difference between smouldering and asymptomatic? Unlike breast cancer think this is more complicated to get head round! Also, unlike my bc diagnosis I am keen to do what I can health/diet wise to keep this at bay. I have just bought curcumin c3 complex (about 21quid) today and on another thread noticed people seem to build up dosage? Any advice and some positives greatly appreciated.

mickack
    Participant

Hi
    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis…ime 5 years with MM
    Had 2 stem cell transplants with numerous chemo..last chemo didn’t really work in March just gone so ime totally on a veggie diet now..
    ..go on YouTube and look at all the fruit n veg and other foods and drink to turn your body from acidic to alkaline..steam and juice..
    I juice everything with a nutri-bullet juicer..about 40 quid Argos.
    I do this and its helping me
    ..no refined sugar
    ..no processed foods
    ..drinking at least 3litrs of spring bottled water a day with slice of lemon slice of lime in.
    Drink carrot celeray beetroot apple smoothy juice drink every day
    ..green teas/herbal teas with organic honey in..ginger root in
    Plenty vitimin C
    Turmeric/cucumin capsules..selenium and iodine supliments..flaxseed capsules..hempoil capsules..and CBD cannabis capsules off eBay..lysine capsules..all these help the immune system to become stronger..all from lidl and eBay.
    Plenty of rest.NO STRESS.a positive mental attitude.meditate.exercise..walk in swimming..cancer don’t like Oxygenated body..steam room and sauna for the heat..
    Fruit n veg..
    Strawberry bluberry raspberry (all berries good .tangerines kiwis..avacardo.
    Garlic in food
    spinnage kale.broccoli sprouts.
    dark chocolate..pumpkin seeds

This is what I’ve done and do and if nothing else I feel really good
    And healthy so I will keep doing it..
    I Go on youtube and check out foods that fight cancer..the truth about cancer is a good view.
    Books I’ve read.
    *food to fight cancer.Richard beliveau
    *Rethinking cancer-Ruth sackman
    *the only answer to cancer-Dr Leonard Coldwell.
    As I say this is what I do and we are all individual so the choice will always be yours..talk to your family and loved ones and make informed choices about your own health…you are in control..think yourself cancer free..again I’ve done all the treatments and i now have to try all other therapies.
    I have accupunture and reiki at the local hospice .this really helps me a lot..
    Good luck and try not to panic
    God bless
    Mick

pb42
    Participant

Mickack,

Thank you for reply. You are eating healthy and at times like this I think we become more aware of what we put into our mouths. Good you feeling good too. For over a year I have tried to keep to low carb/high fat diet so keep away from bread/spuds/rice and processed food. I have to say I think I ate too much meat, although ate lots of mackerel and kippers, and not enough veg. My veg tended to be spinach and more spinach and mushrooms. Now I will up veg. I have just been recently diagnosed so awaiting result of mri and still need to do my bone marrow biopsy. In first post I wondered about difference between smouldering and asymptomatic myeloma. The is there a difference do you know?

mickack
    Participant

Hi again..
    Salmon steaks..omega 3 capsules/cod liver oil ..vit D tablets
    I also have a spoonful of a hebak remadie medicine called ESSIAC.. (Rene caisse organic herbal decoction) purchased off eBay.

Veggie curry
    Sweet potatoes
    Carrots
    Red cabbage
    Red onion
    Beet root
    Olive oil
    Red/green peppers (spicy the better)
    Turmeric/cucumin powder
    Garlic
    Tomato puree
    Cailflaw
    Sprout
    All done in slow cooker for the week.
    ..grill bell peppers side dish

Raw veg salad
    Bell peppers..red onion..cucumber.tomatoes.steamed beetroot.cider vinegar.
    All shook up in a Tupperware container.

oh red grapes..I eat this everyday now..Ime having a tumeric tea and detox tea (tesco) as I write this 🙂
    Mick

pb42
    Participant

Thanks Mick,

Can I ask when first diagnosed did you need treatment straight away? I do not expect to have any as no symptoms but I was expected to have chemo (possibly) and definitely radiotherapy after having lumpectomy. Not sure how much my myeloma diagnosis will impact on this.

mickack
    Participant

…oh just seen your reply sorry…you have to do what’s best for you..I know that over the years with this..I get the best “remission time” when I totally through myself into my diet..I know how difficult it is making decisions around treatments and believe me I have had the chemo kitchen sink thrown at me so I have to try every other avenue..we are all different and have one goal..live longer..it is that simple..Iwas diagnosed with lgG kappa myeloma in september 2013 so not really clued up on the other types sorry..but I am sure some one with help you with your question..
    Stay positive as much as you can..cancer thrives off stress so my research tells me..look after your immune system..help it with the foods..vitamins and minerals..I really hope this info helps..
    Mick

mickack
    Participant

..yes I was put straight on chemo the first week of diagnosis as my para protein count was sky high..in the 70s.. I presented as very poorly basically on my backside when finally got the diagnosis..

pb42
    Participant

I definitely think you have right attitude and your healthy eating can only be helping. I know I will more so stick to real foods. I’m still getting my head around blood results and what they mean but my protein shows 37. I did have about five separate lots of blood taken on Christmas Eve so assuming that will be looking at things more closely? I was spying at doctors screen with results on and there was three things highlighted in red. One protein, one cholesterol and not sure of other one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.