newly diagnosed.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

clearwell
    Participant

Hello Tom,you found me on f/b and I will be gentle!!Either my keyboard has shrunk or my eyes are getting worse.
    I am so glad that things are on the up for you that makes me feel so much better.All the books and leaflets the hospital give you to read is to much to take in,there is nothing like actually talking to people who are going through the same thing.In fact I have now shoved them all in the back of the wardrobe.It will all become clear as we go along.
    My op is still scheduled for the 5th March and I go for the 2nd half of the pre op next week.Then it's countdown.Apart from not being able to walk without nasty pain I feel the best I've felt in months.
    In your words,onwards and upwards lol.
    love Geri xx

clearwell
    Participant

Hi Carol,thank you so much for your best wishes.I have gone through all the looking on the internet purely because I didn't know anything about myeloma but as I said you cant beat speaking to people who are actually going through the same thing.
    The hardest thing for me was telling my mum who is 82.A very fit and active lady and she has seen me in severe pain etc etc.I am very positive about it all now because I know what I'm dealing with.I let everybody else do the doom and gloom bit.I don't doubt there are going to be times in the future when I will be whinging to you all though.
    Stay feeling well and I look forward to speaking to you soon.
    With love,Geri xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Geri

Yes I found you On F/B and am pleased you will be gentle 😀

Yes am doing great its been well worth the bad bits and bobs to be in Remission and have NO ongoing treatment needed nor needing to be planned 😎

I wouldn't shove the books or mags to the back of the wardrobe I had mine on table in living room and would use them if I read on here about something I would pick the leaflet or Book up and re read it, it worked for me 😎
    God Luck for March and as always its "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘newly diagnosed.’ is closed to new replies.