No treatment started yet.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sabs 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

gwenig3
    Participant

Hi it’s been a week since mum was she has myeloma. No treatment started, pain appears better but increasingly confused. Be told it’s calcium in her blood. Worried that the longer this goes will we get her back. She has had a bone marrow biopsy and waiting for results. Doctors seem a bit dismissive when Dad asks questions. I know this is a rambling post but need treatment to start.  Has anyone else experienced a wait for treatment to start.

sabs
    Participant

Hi,

Usually its around 2 or 3 weeks once all the tests are done before treatment starts. We had to wait 3 weeks but in that time it involved going to 8 different hospitals and seeing multiple consultants. This however i think this was a little excessive for the most part, but I would say two weeks is the average, there are so many things that they need to gauge and test for that it can seem very time consuming when you just want the treatment to start or something to be done straight away.

For us we are now 4 months in since diagnosis and treatment we are only technically 1 quarter of the way in (on a 2.5 year trial) which i believe for standard treatments its around 8 or 9 months from start to finish.

There will always be 101 questions but try and take it one step at a time and things will slowly but surely slot into place. This is a good forum and people are very helpful, I have a read of it every day and just check for updates and see how people are doing even if I don’t connect directly with them. But I hope your mum gets some answers soon and you can start treatment shortly.

Sab’s

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘No treatment started yet.’ is closed to new replies.