Not responding VCD

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

morgs
    Participant

HI Hall this is my first post .iwas diagnosed with smouldering Myeloma Feb 2018 showing 20% plasma cell infiltrate Parapprotein 8.1g/l lammbalight chains 399 . in January was also diagnosed amyloidosis with amyloid in sort tissue and spleen .i started V C D treatment and am now at the end of my 3rd cycle. results after first cycle were very positive paraprotein down from 8.1 to 6.7 and light chains down to 175 from 565 after cycle 2 and half way though cycle 3 results not so positive paraprotein 5.5 more worryingly light chains up to 275 .reley struggling to get appointment with consultsant to discuss what it means is it not working do i need to try something different can we thought in something else .I an booked in at the royal Marsdons in London in October because first results were so promising , now feeling very low after positive start and being told its all going really good IM 52 have 2 teenage boys and a demanding job witch is on hold and the moment finding sleeping very difficult and concentration levels all over the place .was wondering if anyone have had similar experiences with vcd treatment and what action was taken ,whats next .Seems like they just what to carry on with the same at the moment but i feel need to be more proactive thanks for reading paul

Anonymous

Hi Paul,
    So sorry you’re all worried about the VCD..I finished the same treatment a month ago and it’s hard it really is. I never asked about results etc whilst I was having the treatment I think it’s far too early to assess if the treatment is helping. My Freelight chains are now in the normal range so I suppose that must be remission. But apparently I didn’t respond to the treatment at first then I did and the ‘stuff did it’s job. If I was you I would just concentrate on trying to rest and to look after yourself as best you can. It’s early days re results I think. Take care and keep going!!
    Dee x.

morgs
    Participant

Hi Dee Thanks for responding being an electrical engineer I’m always looking for answers to problems and struggling with the ups and downs , on Dex today so all a bit hyper good advice but its has been the consultants that have been telling me the response is good booked me an appointment at the Royal Marsden for SCT in OCTOBER so think got my hopes up and this latest news is a blow . just need to get back on track !

Cheers Paul

Anonymous

Hi again Paul, I can understand you being disappointed but hopefully the SCT is still on the cards. By the Dex caused me many a sleepless night..reading Dickens on my Ipad and drinking Tea. Still sounds as if you’re halfway through it feel as if it’s a countdown in the end. I had several admissions into hospital cos kept getting infection s..I was sick of the sight of the place and yet the care was excellent and the staff kind. Keep us on the forum updated..regards Dee x.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.