Not the Right Time

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Vickyc 11 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

susannah
    Participant

Hi All went to Scarborough at the weekend, Michaels birthday on the 6th and our wedding anniversary on the 8th. Myself and my daughters went to scatter his ashes, everything was perfect the weather, the hotel we even found the perfect spot, but I couldn't do it. So we bought him home, and to be honest Im so pleased we did its our anniversary today hes on the sideboard with 2 cards from last year (never save cards but for some reason I saved last years) and there he will stay until im ready to part with him. I don't think my daughters agree because they think he should be free. We live on the edge of Sherwood Forest with a lovely cricket pitch on the edge Michael used to sit there for hours in the summer months, so that is were I will set him free, at least I can sit there and remember him anytime perhaps Scarborough was never meant to be

Love
    Sue

eve
    Participant

Hi sue

Only do it when your ready!!

Matty's ashers have not been scatted yet and it,s coming up to a year.
    They have been remon
    Ved from the thing from the undertakers,my daughter bought a beutiful globe,I told her if she gets burgled that's the first thing they would take,the family are. not ready and have not found a resting place for him .

They will eventually .Love

Tina
    Participant

Hi Sue,

I had most of Patrick's ashes interned at a beautiful woodland burial park with his brother, I kept back a small amount which I keep at home with me. Maybe you could think about doing this too?

Best Wishes to you

Tina x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Sue,

Perhaps Scarborough is a little too impersonal, as well as being far away, even if it was a place you both enjoyed visiting. The cricket pitch sounds really good for you, because you will be able to visit easily, walking and talking as you traverse the ground… although you might want to talk internally if there is a match on… 😉 and for Michael, it sounds as if he was relaxed and at peace while watching the cricket… that's a good start for him and a restful resting place. Not the Major Oak please :-0 he would certainly get no peace there.

I have expressed my wishes… I want my ashes interred beneath the roots of an apple tree, a sapling selected by Janet, in the grounds of my Grandmother's old farm in the Preseli Mountains of North Pembrokeshire. I love that place, with its views looking down at the bays around the coast and out over the Irish Sea… I spent some of the happiest days of my childhood there and it is the location of my second novel… which I need to finish sooner rather than too late.

I am sure your decision, when made, will make the girls feel as if their Dad is at rest… at the moment the urn is a constant reminder and perhaps that is why they want him to be 'free'.

Wishing you all the best wherever, whenever… you will know. 🙂

Dai.

susannah
    Participant

Dear Dai Your resting place sounds perfect, im afraid Michaels is more of what feels right as we never really talked about his ashes, lets hope its something Janet wont have to carry out for a very long time. The Major Oak is a no no wouldhave been ok about 40years ago.
    Hi Tina Min mentioned she had some of Peters ashes sewn into little bags, not sure, something else to think about.
    Since we collected Michaels ashes that has been one of my worse nightmares
    about them being stolen!

Love
    Sue

tom
    Participant

Hi Sue
    Am sorry but pleased you never scattered the ashes as you knew it was just not right for you, wrong place or just too early only you will know.
    I wish you luck on your choice because as and when you choose the girls am sure will be happy.

Love Tom xxx

andyg
    Participant

Hi Sue.

I'm sure you will find the ideal spot for Michaels ashes and you will be at peace with it. You mentioning the cricket ground brought back memories of scattering my Dads ashes several years ago. Funnily enough when we as a family were discussing where to scatter his ashes Scarborough was a strong candidate. Eventually we all came to the conclusion his ashes should scattered round a tree at the local bowling club, with their permission, where he spent most summer evenings and weekends. He is now close to his family and at his favourite place.

Love Andy xxx

Vickyc
    Participant

Your not alone there, my mum has my dad on the bedside table on the side he slept. He has a photo on top, and my mum is comforted that he is still there with her. She talks to him, and we have decided that my mum will be put with him when that time comes. She is more than happy with this. Do what's best for you. Vicky c

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Not the Right Time’ is closed to new replies.