One year on

This topic contains 35 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  rebeccaR 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Eve

Hello All, Its Vicki Heselton here. Colin’s wife. The knitting thing looks great but it was never my strength. Eve I can’t believe you are still travelling. You are an absolute star. Hello to all of you I don’t post on here much now but I do think of you all. Tom, Helen, Ali’s Mum, Andy G. I do hope you are all doing well. I am doing a fund raising ball in aid of Myeloma UK next April so will keep you posted on that. No good saying how I feel cos its pretty rubbish but I don’t forget how hard this Myeloma trail is, and I think of you all even though Colin’s Myeloma journey is not a trial for him any more.

Wishing you all the very best for Christmas and the New Year,

Vicki xx

Helen
    Participant

Dear Eve
    How are you getting on? How was Christmas? Are you home yet and hows the old dog getting on? I think you are so very adventurous and I love that you just got up and went on your trip, turning dream to reality, keep going girl.
    Let us know how you are doing
    Much love Helen

eve
    Participant

Hi Helen

I came home 2 weeks ago,after nearly 4 months away,enjoyed the travelling and the weather was very good,I nearly gave up in the first month as I found it very lonely,never realised couples in General Don,t speak to single women on their own!! A real eye opener,but after a month I did get use to it and began to realise I liked my own company,although it was nice when I was occasionally included in things.
    Some good has come out of it!! I have got use to my own company,although I did have the dog with me,going into a bar and asking for one Vino tinto,only to be asked just one??? Told them my dog was an alcoholic and does not drink!!! Seriously it was generally good,I will do it again,and the children have accepted that I can do it by myself,so another first to travel alone!!!

I hope you are keeping well Helen and packing your days with things you want to do! .???
    I am not able to go to NZ as my old dog is too old too leave with any one,it’s almost like having a new baby,I even have a buggy for him now, it helped with being able to do a lot more walking,plus he became the topic of conversation,mad old lady pushing a dog in a pram lol!!
    This is one of my favourite places in Portugal,going back did upset me but I feel that it needed to be done if I am going to enjoy these places again. Will let you know about my next adventure.Eve

eve
    Participant

Hi!! Am back! It’s coming up to two years now since Slm died,had lots of adventures,but would have liked to do far more!!!

I decide to come back and tell you,why you should grab life by the throat and enjoy evey minute you have,I will not be replying to any answers,!!

I was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer in June of this year,although it’s very first stages,it’s aggressive,so I start BCG which is a life vaccine used to treat TB,it seems to work on BC contained within the bladder.
    So I am now on another learning curve,and feel the experience of Slim will help me in my fight against BC,
    I am now becoming a health freak,no drinking??,dieting?? Excising???!its amazing the motivation to loose weight becomes when you know,the bladder really has to go.????

Having a forum is a big boost,bladder cancer does not have much funding,plus very few trials and no new treatments in about 35 years,most trials are concerning radiotherapy .
    Never realised when I was in his forum,how lucky we where concerning trials,treatment and knowledge,plus of course being able to ring a myeloma nurse and get information. So use it and appreciate it.

This BC has put a stop to my wonder lust,if my treatment works I will be put on a maintenance plan,if not or eventually as it gets in to the muscle,I will have my bladder removed
    Like all of you,I don’t wish now to be entering another bubble,but feel glad I did an awful lot after Slim died,just not enough.
    So I am starting another roller coaster ride.

dickb
    Participant

Hi Eve, great to hear from you again, just a shame about your news. It’s a case of using life’s previous experiences to help you with todays new problems. I am sure you’ll be most welcome here whenever you need a chat and of course, being the Oracle that you are, there are a lot of people that will need your advice.

As for Slim, it doesn’t seem like 2 years has passed but I suppose it’s a good thing that it seems like yesterday. I hope you’ve learnt one thing through the Forum and that is treatment doesn’t neccessarily mean the end to doing what you want to do.

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi Eve, Sorry about your news but am sure if anyone can get through this with sanity intact it will be you so I wish you well with it all and thank you for the update – it is always helpful to make us take a step back from “normality” and remember the bigger picture and nice to hear from old friends. Here’s hoping your new rollercoaster has more “ups” than “downs”. Take Care

Rebecca

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘One year on’ is closed to new replies.