One Year

This topic contains 26 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Roz
    Participant

Hi Eve

So glad to hear how things can improve within a year. I wish you and Slim all the best for the future. I've neverknown any improvement like you state so keep up the good work. I hope and pray that the bus stops soon for you and you have a long and happy future together.

All the best
    Love Roz xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Roz
    You are coming up to your own 1 year soon!!,so my thoughts are with you,I have to confess when people say it gets easier!! I have my doubts the loss just becomes more acceptable,but it,s always there,but in time the good memories remain.
    I hope you have planned to do something,even if it just opening a bottle of wine and enjoying that lovely garden.Love Eve

Roz
    Participant

Hi Eve,

I'm dreading my year up, no trimmings, no tree, I've given my PA/Carer week off!! How can I celebrate Christmas Eve. I'll open a bottle or maybe two and drink em alone.

You just enjoy all you and Slims time together, don't think of whats to happen just focus on todays and how things have improved.
    I hope things carry on this way for you for a long time yet.

All the best
    Roz xx

Gill
    Participant

Hi Eve

I hope you are in that motor home very soon It sounds as though Slim is improving well so you may be off on your travels quite soon.

We are off to France for the first time in a year mid November (Brrrr!!)
    We are very excited but wonder what we will be walking into in our old house

Love from Gillxx

eve
    Participant

Hi Gill
    Well at least you are getting there,I know you said there was a good local doctor,who new about Myeloma,so that must be helpful if any thing goes wrong!!
    How will travelling affect being on RCD????

We did have a week in Canterbury site as we had so many hospital appointments between us,it was cheaper and easier than travelling for each appointment.
    I cannot see us making any long journey for sometime as Myeloma trials are monitored.also Slim if he hits plateau,then Kings for us to consider SCT but consultant not keen as lung damage earlier on.Then he will be randomised for maintenance or no maintenance.so a long way to go.

So the first good break we have will have to be France,but do have are sight set on New Zealand,to see 2 of my 7 grandchildren,it will be just nice to see grand kids without having to worry that Slim might catch any bugs from them,once they start school they seem to bring them all home.

Love Eve

zasrs
    Participant

Hi All

I do so agree with you, do it now tommorow may never come! Gordon,s love was his farm his land, his cattle me and the children came in there somewhere. We did very little travelling in the last few years mainly because everything he wanted was at home. Our last very difficult trip was to go to the Great Yorkshire Show we should not have gone but that is history. I asked him if he had done everything he wanted in his last few days and he said yes, his legacy is all round us every way we go.

Keep travelling my cyber friends!!

Sarah xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    Good to hear from you,no sign of the Ram!!!!!!
    what you say is so true,Gordon loved his land and was privileged to die on it,and you have the comfort of your family around you.I consider grand kids your greatest asset,the future generation for the land you love so well,so his memory will always be there,you just have to decide were your future lies I am sure as time goes by you will find your own path.Love Eve

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sarah you are so right we should all create our own legacy and memories while we can You and Gordon together raised a family and built your farm so his legacy is yours as well, you must be very proud. Lots of love Bridget x

Gill
    Participant

Oh Sarah

I am so pleased that Gordon felt he had done all he wanted and, as others have said, his legacy surrounds you and your family.

I am worried about travelling to France. It is not like hopping over to Normandy It is right in the centre. We used to do it in one go (12 hours from door to door)but now with dogs and Stephen having mm we stay overnight about half way. We haven't been for over a year because of Stephen's treatment so it is a bit nerve racking

But I have enough French to ask for help and we both have pockets full of credit cards and if we need to use them we will worry about paying the bill later. (why is it that if you clear your credit card every month they up your limit I think it so you end up spending so much you cannot clear it in one go)

Stephen's oncologist has given him the all clear to travel but will see him before we go. There is an English speaking doctor close to were we will be that is familiar with mm (pronounced meealoma in french although spelt the same as here)

I hope that our broadband will be switched on and if so I will keep you all updated as to how cold we are. (huge old town house 1 measly wood burner bobble hats at night and layers of clothes to sleep in)

YUP we are mad francophiles who should know better:-)

brocho
    Participant

Hi Gill it sounds like you are well organised so try not to worry too much( easier said than done I know!) Have a wonderful time it will recharge your batteries Whats a bit of frostbite anyway haha! Safe journey love Bridget x

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Gill

so glad stephen is fit enough to travel you must really be looking forward to it you both deserve a good holiday
    love jo x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Gill

So glad you are off to France. I hope you have a brilliant time. Just take it easy getting there. Never been to France but hear it has beautiful countryside, so enjoy.

Love Jean x

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘One Year’ is closed to new replies.