Pain control for severe back pain

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eve 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My husband has non malignant Myeloma and suffers from severe low back pain,what treatment is available?

Philipandfiona
    Participant

Hi

I am sorry for probably being very thick here, but please can you explain what you mean by non-malignant Myeloma. My understanding is that either you have smouldering Myeloma which does not cause damage, but which can progress from smouldering to Myeloma “proper”, or you have full on Myeloma which probably needs treatment.

If he has severe back pain he needs to see his doctor to see if he needs an xray to assess whether there is any damage there. He also needs to check with them what pain medication he can take.

eve
    Participant

Hi Mary

We have lovely nurses on this site Ellen and Maggie,the number is at the top of the page plus it’s free,talk to them,they can send you booklet plus give you lots of information.

When someone is first diagnosed,it’s very hard to take in all the information,I had never heard of Myeloma,try not to go looking on the net until you can have your information clarified by the nurses on hear,they are lovely people who can help you.

Back pain is a symptom of many things,to reply to your question we would need more information. Eve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pain control for severe back pain’ is closed to new replies.