Paraprotein levels

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MrsL 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kingch
    Participant

my husband has been living with amyloidosis for nearly three years.  He has AL amyloidosis IgM Kappa paraprotein   The disease has taken out his kidneys and he has bee on haemodialysis for two years.  I was told to ignore the light chains and just concentrate on the ratio which is what I do. However I cannot find any information on the net in a format I can understand about paraprotein levels.  We started off Kat 8 and e had Dexamethasone, Rituximab and a tablet beginning with C which I can’t remember. This reduced the level to four and it seems to have settled there with occasional reduction to three.  Is this a heavy production?  Asked last time we were at NAC but got blinded by science and no real answer. Does anyone know?

MrsL
    Participant

Hi,

I have IgM lambda Myeloma, at diagnosis in August 2013 my paraprotein level was 66 which was classed as high. It came down to 1 post SCT in July but I have now relapsed, so restarted treatment in December when it had risen to 8 and a bone marrow biopsy showed an increase from .29% to 38% in the cancer cells.

Linda

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Paraprotein levels’ is closed to new replies.