Paraprotein- rates of increase

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  teds31 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Harmony
    Participant

Just feeling curious about what a ‘normal’ rate of paraprotein increase is. I see my consultant every 4 months and each time the paraprotein level increases by one. In the last year, it has increased from 20 to 23. Just wondering, do other smoulderers have a similar rate of increase?

teds31
    Participant

I have been smouldering for about8 years and my PP goes up and down ,though only by 1 or 2 its now 10, but it has been 14 in the past.Ted

Harmony
    Participant

Thanks Ted – I didn’t realise that it can actually go down too. Do you take any supplements or follow a special diet plan? Judging by my pp level, I seem to be further along the smouldering journey than you.

teds31
    Participant

I think this is a very personal journey and no two people are the same ,thats what makes the smouldering job so difficult.Not only does PP effect things but also your “Light Chain ” results. This topic I’m afraid is where I am out of my depth.I dont take any thing as regard to MM but I do have other health issues which require medication,as I am 83 you can imagine that health issues are common, I just try to keep going and hope for the best.Ted

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Paraprotein- rates of increase’ is closed to new replies.