plasmacytoma

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

li33i
    Participant

Hi everyone
    I'm on here because my dad has been diagnosed with Plasmacytoma in his sinuses. It's been a huge shock to us all, dad's rarely been to the docs in his life- he's 66 now and was, up until last Xmas, playing five a side football at work once a week!
    Things have changed rapidly since the tumor started to grow towards the end of last year. It grew so fast at such a pace it shocked every doctor he's seen, and has had to have chemo, radio and surgery – the latter he had last week. Today they've told him they managed to get most of the tumor out, but still a small amount remains..
    I have no idea what the next stage will be, radio again? He's already had 5 weeks of radio every day – so I wasn't sure how much more they could give him safely. Does anyone know?
    I have felt, over the last several months, on tenterhooks. After that horrendous phone call from dad at the hospital in January after they told him it was cancer – we were all expecting them to say it was a sinus infection! First time I've ever heard him cry. It's truly awful to see your dad like that, and to have my baby son see his granpa suffering. I have learned very much so, that life can be horrible sometimes, and there's no point blaming, or trying to find an answer. You just have to move on through it the best you can and look to brighter days ahead.
    Sorry to have ranted, but I feel like I've needed to get that off my chest!
    Blessings and healing to you all, cos I know we are not alone in this xxx

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Hello
    So sorry you have all had such a sad and difficult time – and indeed still are. Even though you sound to be coping bravely you must be worried sick yourself whilst trying to be reassuring and positive for your dad. I´m glad you came here to talk as there are lovely people here who understand how much of a help it is to get things off your chest when it´s not possible to burden loved one´s with our worries.

I hope that the brighter days are soon coming and that your dad is more comfortable.

Love and prayers to you
    Carol xxx

Elizellen
    Participant

Hello Liz!

I am sorry you needed to enrol on this board, but glad to "meet" you.

I don't know anything about your Dad's situation, but am sending you, him and the rest of your family all my love and wishes that the next stages of his treatment are successful.

Any time you need to "rant" don't hesitate to log in and fire away!! There is usually someone else around to respond, and even if not, it does us all good to get the frustration out there and not bottled up inside us!!

Eliz
    XX
    X

eve
    Participant

Hi Liz
    sorry you have had to join this site,but you should find help here.
    I think the section that might be more help would be related conditions,
    I have no knowledge of anybody with this condition,but i do know mm attacks the soft tissue sometimes.
    You could also try the myeloma nurse on this site,phone or send e mail,she helped me with some questions that I needed answering.
    I know this is a shock for you and your family,and you need some answers,but thing will get better,and you will start learning about it very fast.we have all been there before you,as a patient or carer.
    Best Wishers Eve
    PS her name is Ellan

li33i
    Participant

Thankyou all so much for your replies – I'm so pleased to have found this site, I have found some information out about dads condition on here.
    Will keep you posted how its all going, and love to you all who I know must also be going thru difficult times. xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Liz

Sorry you are on here 🙁 but its the best place for info and advice, Hope all gets better soon.

Love

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘plasmacytoma’ is closed to new replies.