Playing the waiting game

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cygnet 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Harmony
    Participant

Thanks to Helene Cygnet and Yvonne for their kind words as I tie myself in knots anticipating my appt on Monday. Hlelene- you’re so right and I keep on reminding myself that being a smoulderer is a time of good health-not to be taken for granted. Although I know this, it’s just not sinking in very well at this precise moment in time. I phoned the info line and spoke to a lovely nurse called Ellen and it was so cathartic to be able to be honest and take my mask off. I recognise that everyone around me needs to see me being strong and positive because if I crumble, they crumble. It was nice for me to have the opportunity to crumble. I could indulge my self-pity and have a cry. I came off the phone and continued crying and then, I washed my face, put some moisturiser on and went to collect my kids from school and I felt relief and tiredness and was in a calmer place. I now realise that I just needed to allow myself to cry. I think I’m nearly okay now.

Anonymous

Big hugs xx

yvonnese
    Participant

Hi Chrissie….I think we have all helped each other. To know that others are going through the same thing and having the same fears and feelings takes some of the loneliness away. Its not nice but we are on a bit of a rollercoaster ride with ups and downs. We can be there for each other.

Take care…..love & hugs

Yvonne xx

cygnet
    Participant

Hi Chrissie

So glad you’re feeling calmer & talking to Ellen helped. Nothing wrong with a good cry if it lets out the pain & makes you feel better. It’s tough living in this parallel universe as we try to stay strong for those around us. Don’t give yourself a hard time hun.

I’m adding my love & hugs to those above!

C xx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Playing the waiting game’ is closed to new replies.