Please. If you can

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

I don't usually get out the begging bowl, but I am this time. We live close to London and I have the radio on almost all day. I tend to favour the talk radio stations and listen to LBC a great deal. They have an apeal at the moment for something that should never be.

Children with Cancer.

It should never happen but it does and they are concentrating on children with blood cancers.

I thought some of the people on here were far too young to be facing what they face (including my husband Stephen diagnosed at 53) but to see these little tots just breaks my heart. A text sent to the number advertised will donate £5 less (or more) can be donated on the website.

If you can please do

http://www.lbc.co.uk/helping-children-with-cancer-52325

Love from Gill xx

tmc
    Participant

Hi Gill
    I would love to help but am not so good on the computer
    I followed the links and it came up Virgin something or other is this safe to give out my credit card?
    I get so sad when I see the children with cancer. I was 55 my husband 57 when our lives changed due to MM
    Anyway if you don't reply I will wait until my son visits and ask him
    enjoy France
    Love Teresa

eve
    Participant

Hi Gill
    It does come home to you when you realise children are fighting Cancers as well,My daughter spends an awful lot of time in different hospitals,in and around London,the conditions for care for very sick children needs improving plus it get worst the older you get 14 to 18 year olds are treated on a childrens ward or adult wards. They spend a life time in and out of hospitals in wards some times full of old people,its not good.
    The last 7 weeks my daughter and grandchild have spent time in Eveline,Pembury and Maidstone,with her or her husband doing 24 hr care for my Grandson,hospitals should realise that parents are doing there job for them,they often have no help.My daughters just come out of Maidstone,were she was not even offered a cup of tea.so that,s were my money goes but good luck with your fund raising.Love Eve

Gill
    Participant

Hi Eve

Thanks for replying. I don't expect everybody to contribute I just thought I'd flag it up. Good luck with yor fundraising

Love from Gill x

Hi Teresa Thanks to you too.

In answer to your query LBC is the London Broadcasting Company (more commonly called London's Bigest Conversation) They started up in 1973 and I've been listening ever since. Every year they fund raise for Help a London Child and we don't usually take part as we sponsor a third world child. However this year it is for children with cancer and in particular blood cancers.

You are forwarded to the Virgin site because LBC are using Richard Branson's Virgin Bank to pass the money onto the charity.

I hope this answers your questions

Love from Gill x

tmc
    Participant

Hi Gill
    Yes thank you I feel safe to donate now. I am from London Marble Arch and some of my family are still in London. Even though I am sad for all children I guess the London ones feel closer to home.

Eve,
    my heart goes out ot you and your daughter.

Luv Teresa

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Please. If you can’ is closed to new replies.