pomalidamide caused problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  petesilver 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

petesilver
    Participant

Hi

Been on Pomalidamide for 2 cycles but unfortunately it gave me a lot of problems even put me in hospital with infection so was on IV antibiotics 4 days CRP was very high only came down when stopped chemo which made me feel very tired and breathless.

When I saw my consultant at the end of C2 we agreed I would take a month off and decide if i wanted to carry on, well I must admit it was difficult as it was working. but i felt so much better.

Anyway no need to worry he has already has a plan B, but unfortunately my myeloma is becoming active again and causing pain in my left arm and sholder and as my new chemo drug is not available until april so im am just on Dexamethasone which does not cause me to many problems, it already helping with the pain even only after on dose.

It just goes to shows that all the drugs do not suite everybody so I hope to new one works.

Peter

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by  petesilver. Reason: did not paste properly
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by  petesilver.

dxs
    Participant

Jan Walker’s post (Feb. 9) asks the question: “Can your daily pomalidomide tablet mg dose be reduced to see whether this alleviates some of your side effects?”. The answer should certainly be YES. I’m on cycle 4 of Pom having seen a marked reduction in my lambda light chain count at the end of cycle 2 although it went up a bit after cycle 3. However to get back to the question above, my consultant mentioned that she has 2 other patients on reduced dosages of Pom because they have experienced side effects. I guess I’m lucky because I’m getting the full dosage w/o side effects. Remember that everyone reacts differently which makes Myeloma so hard to treat. Hope you have better luck.</span>

David

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by  dxs. Reason: System put in extraneous characters which detracted from my reply

petesilver
    Participant

I was only on 2mg to start with, but they really did cause me serious side effects as did the other tholidamide base derivatives.

So now I wait to see if this new drug due soon will be better.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘pomalidamide caused problem’ is closed to new replies.