Pomalidomide

This topic contains 53 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  BADGER 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Min
    Participant

Sorry to hear of your Dexastrous up chucking! I cant imagine having to take that many pills at once. Why cant they make it into a strawberry syrup?
    I cant believe those NIMBYS. But I would be inclined to say that they should be blacklisted. They may not need a hospice today, and only time will tell if they will. But in view of there oposition to it they should not be allowed avail themselves of its facilities in the event of them secumbing to any kind of sickness that would warrant it.
    Trouble is no one can see into the future……………
    Good Luck with the next Dex event. Try making them into a sandwich.
    Min

Gaye
    Participant

Thanks for all your replies and support. I am happy to report that my beloved dex sailed down the throat today and happy to start its tricks. May God bless them and all those who sail in them ….!

No need for the dex sarnies today Min but a cracking idea for the next potential up-chuck!

Pompous letter is taking shape in my mind re hospice – now it is getting the words together to send.
    Love, Gaye xx

tom
    Participant

And a Well Done that Girl 😀 keep it up? or should it be keep it down 😀

Yes Gaye the Local Hospice looks great its a credit to those that built it, and am sure the homes next to it have not lost any value at all.

Good Luck with the Pompous letter 🙂

Tom xxx

KWilson
    Participant

Sorry to hear that you're pain has returned – it's a pain all its own and defies description. It's really a downer when you and the others here find they are relapsed.

I'm relapsed myself and on lenalidomide which is now not working as well as it did so to see that Pomolidomide is 'getting thru' (albeit still with a begging mat) is reassuring. My consultant went to the big meeting in America and seems to have faith in this drug as a next line for me when the time comes (if I can get it that is).

Good luck and I'm following this with interest – thanks for keeping us updated.

xxxxxxxxxx

Gill
    Participant

Hi Gaye

I have not been able to post for a while (must have been gremlins in my computer) so am catching up. I do hope you are getting on better with your round of drugs.

As for your NIMBYs I am nowhere nearly as charitable as you are. I hope these NIMBYs DO need a hospice at some stage and there is not one for them as some other ar**h**e has NYMBYied it out of being built!!!!!!>:-(

Gill xxx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Gaye,

I hated taking the dex when I had my CDT, until Janet proposed mixng them in a small pot of yoghurt – which sorts of glides down without being chewed.8-)

I know you will keep us posted re the pompoms (there you are Min) and I want you to know just how much I appreciate your commentaries on these treatments etc.:-)

Much love xxx

Dai.

Gaye
    Participant

Hello everybody and thanks for all your messages. Dai, the pompoms it shall be. They come in a red capsule – no writing – zippo. As basic as you can make them. I started the second week today and the dexy blighters floated like a butterfly down the old throat this morning. No up-chucking today Min – I took control. Not much change in the blood counts yet – they are still very low but it is early days and what might be good for the Hb may not necessarily be good for the platelets. The one holding at the moment is the Neuts. Anyway I wll keep you updated.

Gill I laughed so much at your comments about these selfish NIMBYs. Wonderfully spikey and much deserved by them.

Today I had to go to my GP, then to the hospital for blood tests and then I went to our hospice day care. I didn't think I would manage as the back pain is so restricting my mobility but I did. I had a lovely day at the hospice. Lots of laughter and a glorious foot massage and nails clipped. Don't ever accuse me of not enjoying myself!!

Love to you all. Gaye xx

brocho
    Participant

Dear Gaye I am glad you got week one out of the way without any problems apart from those pesky dex!! The foot massage sounds wonderful too a bit of pampering is just the thing when you feel lousy . I hope they get that back pain sorted very soon and you can dance the night away or run the marathon if you want !! love Bridget x

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Gaye

foot massage sounds great glad it relaxed you had one once by a chinese accupuncturist it started of ok then he sharted on the pressure points and soon had me writhing in agony no relaxation there then, felt ok after.
    I know what you mean about taking DEX i found it went down better with a small glass of milk if anything can make dex any better good luck with rest of your treatment keep us posted
    Love Jo 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Pomalidomide’ is closed to new replies.