Post SCT Tiredness

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ree2112 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ree2112
    Participant

I know that everyone’s SCT experience is different but I would like some advice please.

How long did it take for you to get over the tiredness?

I’m 70 plus days after my transplant and I am very tired. I get woken up by my hubby with my glass of on (for my potassium), coffee and toast. When he goes to work I go back to sleep and then wake up again about 4 hours later. Is this normal?

I mention it to my CNS and I get told that I’ve been through a bit procedure. My nurse at the cancer unit says ‘oh Marie. You are going through it’

My husband is fretting but he’s entitled to I suppose.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: My bloods are all back to normal.

• This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  ree2112.

scatter05
    Participant

Hi

I am 90 days post SCT and still get waves of tiredness. I actually find that if I am more active I feel less tired. I am not sleepy though just a something pulling me back sort of feeling.
    Over all I am definitely feeling much better. All the best for your recovery .

M

kh0305

Hi ree2112,
    Your experience sounds very like my dad’s. He would get up to see my mum off to work then head back to bed for a good few hours. His fatigue gradually improved but I’d say it was a year after SCT when he was fully back to his usual self energy level wise in terms of not napping and being up to a decent speed moving around.
    Hope the recovery continues to go well x

12fern34
    Participant

Hi,I am 15 months post stem cell transplant and I still get “fatigue days” I never try to fight it,just let your body do the talking n go with it.All the best

ree2112
    Participant

Thanks for that bit of advice. It’s really appreciated.
    My CNS has told me to be the tortoise, as in the fable, so I’m listening to my body now and resting when I need to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.