Potassium and phosphates

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi all

Can anyone give me info. Hospital just phoned and said that franks potassium and phosphates were low and that I have to go to hospital to pick up a script. Frank told them he was going to see consultant on Thursday and could it wait till then. He was told no. Is this serious and can anyone tell me what the symtoms are. Frank had cellsharvested last week and is feeling a bit tired

Thanks
    Jean

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Jean and Frank,

Phil has never been told anything about phosphate levels but I do know they checked his potassium levels after the harvest as a side effect of the harvest can be a drop in potassium. Sorry I can't be more help but I hope the medicine will fix the levels and maybe improve the tiredness?

Megan

Michele
    Participant

Hi Jean
    Sorry to hear that Frank's P & P levels have dropped. I don't know about phosphate but I know the potassium levels can be quickly boosted by bananas.

Try to have a Merry Christmas.
    Michele xx

eve
    Participant

Hi jean

Symptoms are palpertations,but have to be very low,drugs are awful to take,so stuff him with bananas plus apricots,make sure he eats at least two a day,that a potassium aby way.if he starts to feel unwell it's a bit like starting a heart attack,it is important that it is corrected,why not go and collect physcription.

Have a good Christmas jean love eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Thanks all for replies. I went out and bought loads of bananas, didn't know about apricots. He started the tablets this afternoon. I will keep a close eye on him.

Wishing you all a great Chtistmas
    Love jean x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Potassium and phosphates’ is closed to new replies.