Predictive text for AndyG

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  webteam 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Andy. We don’t have a predictive text feature on the forum but it may be some quirk with the iPhone/iPad and our site. Could you try using the two different tabs (Visual and Text) and see if you get any different results?

Cheers
    Stuart
    Myeloma UK WebTeam

andyg
    Participant

Hi Stuart
    I don’t seem to have that option. Unless I’m missing something.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Andy

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Andy
    I’ve split this topic off so we don’t hijack the original thread. Can you let me know what device you are using? Is it an iPhone/iPad and what version, if you know it.
    Stuart

andyg
    Participant

Hi Stuart.
    I’m using an iPad mini version one with operating system IOS 7.1.2
    Hope this helps
    Andy

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Andy

This could be tricky as I only have access to a full size iPad. First I’d like to work out why you don’t have access to the Visual/Text tabs. You should see something like the attached image. Can you let me know if you don’t see this.

Stuart

andyg
    Participant

Hi Stuart.
    This is my page.

webteam
    Keymaster

That’s very strange Andy. As far as I’m aware the Mini runs the same software as the iPad.

Just to eliminate one source of possible errors can you delete the website data associated with Myeloma UK to make 100% sure you have the latest version.

You can do this be going to Settings -> Safari -> Advanced -> Website Data. Then Edit (Top right). Choose http://www.myeloma.org.uk. Then Delete. Close Safari and start it up again.

This will only delete the Myeloma UK cached data. You will probably need to log back in however.

Stuart

andyg
    Participant

Hi Stuart.
    Tried it came back and it’s the same. Though strangely I didn’t have to sign in again.
    Tried my wife’s full size iPad Air and that’s the same as this one.

Andy

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Andy. It must be an account setting then if it’s happening on 2 different devices. I’ve just disabled and re-enabled the Visual tab on your account. Can you try refreshing the page and let me know if the tab appears?

Stuart

andyg
    Participant

Hi Stuart.

Thats done the trick. I’ve now got the tool bar as per your image.

Andy

webteam
    Keymaster

Excellent. Can you now test to see if using either of these views affects the predictive text problems?

Stuart

andyg
    Participant

I will do Stuart. It may take a while because I’m not posting as much lately as I used to  but I’ll try and give it some stick over the next few days

Thanks for your help.

Andy

webteam
    Keymaster

Let me know how you get on. I’ve moved this thread to Off Topic as well.

Cheers
    Stuart

andyg
    Participant

Hi Stuart.

I posted a few times and I’ve had no problems with the predictive text.

The only problem I’ve come across is when I press return at the end of a paragraph the first letter doesn’t automatically capitalise on the new line.

Ah it does if I put a space after the full stop! Guess your never too old to learn something new.

Thanks for you help Stuart.

Andy.

webteam
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update Andy. Glad you got it sorted.

Stuart

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Predictive text for AndyG’ is closed to new replies.