Pregabalin -Lyrica advice /info shingles

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 10 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi all Franks has asked me to post this (first) to see if anyone can help. Pain from the shingles is very bad and doctor prescribed Pregabalin Lycra. He has to take one a day and then after a few day he has to take 2. He took one on Friday and it really zonked him out. It did not help the pain but he felt so peculiar and was very unsteady on his feet. He did not take any yesterday but the pain is so bad today he says he will take one but asked me to post to see if anyone has had any experience of this or even a different tablet he can ask for

Thanks
    Jean

• This topic was modified 10 years ago by  jmsmyth.
    • This topic was modified 10 years ago by  jmsmyth.

tom
    Participant

Aww bless you Frank well I can’t help as yet but just wanted to wish you luck with it Frank I hope someone will pop up and give the advice you both need.

Love Tom xxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Tom and Jane

Thanks I talked Frank into taking another one today he was reluctant but it’s great what a bit of nagging can do. He took it this morning and he’s has been as high as a kite. I asked him if it eased the pain and he said no but he couldn’t give a ****. Should be fun when we go on to 2 a day. But he’s been good this afternoon and in good form. Supposed to go to Lanzarote next Sunday. Don’t want to be arrested at the airport for over indulgence

Helen
    Participant

Hi Jean
    I’d been given Amitriptyline for the peripheral neuropathy, but when I got shingles at Christmas they trebled the dose to help with the neuralgia and it does seem to have had some effect though it took a while to get going. It might be worth trying the Lyrica just at night, see if that helps with the ‘zonking’. I had codeine, paracetamol and the occasional brufen when it was very bad through the day as well. It’s still reminding me occasionally but I’m weaning myself off all the drugs now. Need it sorted for the holiday, we will be going as you get back.
    Love Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi helen

Thanks for that. I’m in bed and when you post came through I went down stairs and read it to him. It has been a relief to him that you and Jane have had experience of this drug. He is sitting down stairs playing a game. Not the same man as yesterday when I posted he is more relaxed and prepared to go go on with the mds and not phone the hospital to give them a b******ing. I even nagged him into take the phosphates. Thanks again it’s the first time he asked me to ask a question on the forum so we are making headway. Helen hope you have a great relaxing time and us to if we are not arrested at the airport

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pregabalin -Lyrica advice /info shingles’ is closed to new replies.