Progression to myeloma

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cartdaw 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cartdaw
    Participant

I have been smouldering for a year now but looks looks like I’m heading for treatment . Para proteins have jumped from 21 to 26 since dec.  my creatinine has increased slowly although have had a uti recently. Just waiting for my light chains to come back if these have increased  – well not looking too good. Quite anxious but positive. They talking probably 6 mths treatment prior to stem cell transplant.  Is 6 mths treatment the norm prior to stemcell transplant dawn

mervyn53
    Participant

Hi

Yes is the answer to the question in my case. I was diagnosed with MM in December 14 when before I thought all was well. At that point was immobile with 3 crushed vertebrae. They put me on chemo etc 2 weeks on 1 week off 2 jabs a week and my paraprotein have gone 74 48 18 9.  Now 1 jab a week and next clinic 31 March where they have said we will be discussing SCT.

I think that harvesting etc takes 4-6 weeks, then SCT and then 3 weeks in hospital recovering and 3-6 months at home building up strength.

That is my understanding of the timeframe. Hope it helps and good luck.

Mervyn

cartdaw
    Participant

Hi thanks Mervyn I start treatment next week . Although everything relatively stable light chains are up to 7,000.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Progression to myeloma’ is closed to new replies.