Prudential 100 Cycle Race

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tonyf 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

tonyf
    Participant

On the 4th August my son Rob is taking part in the Prudential 100 Cycle Race.
    The race starts at the Olympic Park in East London, out through London, over Box Hill and back through West London to the finishing line in the Mall. I think it follows the Olympic Cycle route that earned Bradley Wiggins his fame!
    He hopes to raise £2000 for Myeloma UK.
    If you feel that you can offer sponsorship please go to the following: http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/rob_farquharson
    I'm sure that there will be others racing on behalf of Myeloma UK, wish them all good luck, and hope the weather is kind to them.
    Thanks for reading this posting.
    Regards
    Tony F

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Tony,

Good luck to Rob in his cycle race and his fundraising efforts, I hope the weather is nice but maybe not as hot as it is now:-D

Megan

janeww
    Participant

Hi Tony

My brother, John, is also riding in the event on 4th Aug and he too is raising money for myeloma UK.

I live in Manchester (i have myeloma) but will be going down to cheer him on and will be wearing the orange of myeloma UK.

Best Wishes to Rob and all the other riders. Is he wearing myeloma orange as well. I 'll look out for him and give him a big cheer.

Jane x

tonyf
    Participant

Good luck to John, lets hope that the weather is kind to them.
    Rob wil be wearing orange, I guess we will be at the Mall, easier to get in and out, rather than somewhere en route.
    Good luck to them.
    How's your myeloma treatment?
    All the best
    Tony F

janeww
    Participant

Thanks Tony.
    Dare I say I am extremely well at the moment having undergone an autologous transplant in May 2012 followed by a reduced intensity unrelated donor stem cell transplant in October 2012 although still get really tired.
    Hope your myeloma is not causing you any difficulties.

I may venture into London at some point on Sunday as well. I will see how I feel on the day.
    Best wishes
    Jane

bandityoga
    Participant

Good luck to Rob. Just made a samll donation but every little helps.

Maureen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Good luck Rob. Hope you raise lots

Jean

tonyf
    Participant

Maureen, on behalf of Rob thank you so much for your kind donation, yes it's all going to an excellent cause.
    Hope Rob does it, I will let you all know.
    Regards
    Tony F

tonyf
    Participant

Hiya Jane, I would be a bit cautious about venturing into London on Sunday I reckon it's going to be very busy.
    If you do go in, we will be around the Mall, whole crowd of us wearing myeloma tee shirts!
    On behalf of Rob thank you for your wishes.
    Regards Tony F

tonyf
    Participant

Jean, thanks for your well wishes for Rob, I hope for his sake and the other 20,000 riders that its not too hot.
    Regards Tony F

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Prudential 100 Cycle Race’ is closed to new replies.